Birch- Yamadori- Fairy Tale- Design

Bu-Jetjet

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Hi! Not that I hold any authority when it comes to suggestions, but I like your third option. You can somewhat see some "movement" on the upper part of the trunk. Also, it may be possible to rotate it a few more degrees to show that nebari. Just another option for your "front".

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Nice tree, traveller! Glad to see you here, frolicking ‘mongst the Woody Dwarves... don’t be shy... there us a persistent “weird” that exists here, in the Tiny Forest.

I like your thought of approaching this as a “fairytale” design right out of the gate.. “know thyself”.. ;)

I, personally, LOVE a well-executed “faerytale design” (y’see what I did there 🤣) and believe you may have acquired a decent piece of material to do so... this season will definitely answer that pondering.

That being said, you’d definitely want to make a decision now.. because after bud-break, your gonna want ALL the leaves you can handle.. fill that pot with roots! 🤓

Can we see more angles?.. like back, right, “two hops this time“... all that good stuff.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Oh!.. I totally forgot..

It will help keep answers/conversations pertinent to YOUR garden’s conditions if you go ahead and update your profile to reflect a generalized location or climate zone.. that way we don’t give a Bostonian advice “fit for a Brazilian.”

🤓

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
First pic not bad idea except would leave more of lowest branch for deadwood. One thing to remember Birch prone to die back. After pruning with extra length left for stub let tree below grow before removing excess branch;).

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I'd get it back to health first, before you do the chopping. Just to see what branches it drops from the collection process.
I don't own any birches myself yet, but I keep reading that they can collapse pretty fast.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If you go to the upper right hand corner and click on your Icon, you can add your location and people will be able to customize advice for you.

<<<<< It will show here.

Top Bottom