Bitcoin

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Two hours later... and it has dropped another 5%...

$6,073...

The entire crypto currency market is down more than 50% 2018 year-to-date.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And up to 7500 again? Someone is playing a huge manipulation game!?

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
And up to 7500 again? Someone is playing a huge manipulation game!?

There is no regulation. They have already caught people manipulating the bitcoin market by making large numbers of transactions between accounts that can't in retrospect be verified.

A fool and his money are soon parted... No one will admit to losing $1,000's, but I can guarantee you tons of people are.

Last edited:

jmw_bonsai

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
A little bit like, all those people that say they win in Vegas. LOL
I love hearing how everybody wins in Vegas, but yet i don't see them going out there to make a living!

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
A little bit like, all those people that say they win in Vegas. LOL
I love hearing how everybody wins in Vegas, but yet i don't see them going out there to make a living!

Anything is possible... but over the long run everyone loses (at Vegas). It's like going to the horse track and seeing the purse - 70% go back to wagerers, 20% goes to the winning horses, 10% goes to the house (I am making up the numbers but they are something like that). If you go to the track, gamble all day, and come away with 70% of your money, you aren't a loser - you are actually breaking even!

When the dust settles and BitCoin has finally had its run... and people go back to asking the question "what is its value, really?" It will be interesting to see how the market settles. Will it be a crash? Or just a gradual diminishing into nothingness?

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Bitcoin... $11,800. LOL!

A fool and his money...

Any class of securities that bounces back and forth 50% in two months... based on nothing factual. ZOMG. Let me know if you go long on this puppy... I hope you make millions and I want to hear about it :) Too hot for me!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thx. I bought 3500k in bitcoin last week. Pretty happy so far. Will keep this till april, unless it hits below 8000 or above 25000

substratum

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I didn't read the entire thread, but will point out that the IRS is going to expect a cut of profits when you do cash out, or when you spend any portion of it.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Who didn't see this coming?

Coinbase sends user information for the 13,000 largest US traders to the IRS.

Quote of the week: "If you have concerns about this, we encourage you to seek legal advice from an attorney promptly."

DUDE NO! IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!

This was our thing! You old boomers still don't get, do you?? It's finally a fair way to make something out of nothing which is fair to everyone. It was our way of making our own universal basic income. Once we got the hang of it we were totally like, ya know, going to, ya know, evenly redistribute it. You can't tax our good intentions!!! wtf!!!!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@leatherback Are you out? Bitcoin touched $7935 today...
Nope. I have been on the road for 4 weeks, without internet acces. Win some, loose some. I had fortunately only invested the profites of my first runs. Guess I will let this sit for a year and look at the stars meanwhile.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Nope. I have been on the road for 4 weeks, without internet acces. Win some, loose some. I had fortunately only invested the profites of my first runs. Guess I will let this sit for a year and look at the stars meanwhile.

Bitcoin trading in the $6600 range; new 3-month low... down almost 2/3rds from its peak.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I enjoy watching the meteoric rise, as do most people I hear talk about it. Except for the salty few who are upset they missed the wave. I will also enjoy watching the bubble pop.

The computing power of Bitcoin network is over 500 times the power of Google, which is the most powerful network on the web. The amount of power needed to manipulate the blockchain at this point is incredible, but anything is possible as tech advances. Quantum Computing approaches.

The whole bitcion thing was probably invented by an evil AI needing to fool humans into creating a massive computer network so it can take over the world. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Good storyline for a sci-fi flick?

Top Bottom