Bjorn Apprenticeship

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I think Born is passing up people who could be very good at what he wants but have no money to speak of and will not be treated like a slave.

Wood

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think Born is passing up people who could be very good at what he wants but have no money to speak of and will not be treated like a slave.

I think you're overestimating Bjorn's revenues and ability to pay wages for multiple people. I've heard a couple of decent estimates that nurseries start to break even at 10 years, and even that Nature's Way probably depends on its landscaping business to support some of its bonsai operations.

Eisei-en is only four years old in October, and Bjorn has purchased a lot of expensive trees in that time

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Pretty soon... there'll be a Bjorn Podcast mentioning THIS thread...

Ya'll remember last time...?

That makes me giggle.

🤓

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Holy cow how severe were the beatings??
it was a cyst on his lower spine that needed to be removed and the price to do it in the States is ridiculous so he went back home to his home country to get the work done and with all surgery there is a recovery time. I saw him today and he is still not fully healed to where he could have been much use to Bjorn. It seems like the perfect candidate would be someone living on another persons dime or someone with cash money to where they aren't relying on the apprenticeship as their only means of income.

D

Deleted member 32750

What happened to Cameron?
I’ve wondered what happened to cameron as well. It seems like he and Bjorn really got along.

He also hasn’t been active on instagram since he started his apprenticeship with Bjorn so theres no way to see what he’s up to now

one_bonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
I've heard a couple of decent estimates that nurseries start to break even at 10 years,

Eisei-en is only four years old in October, and Bjorn has purchased a lot of expensive trees in that time

And long hours. Bjorn says he's starts work at 6:00am and works 'till 10:00pm six days a week. Sunday he still works and does a half day.

bbk

Mame
Reaction score
I think you're overestimating Bjorn's revenues and ability to pay wages for multiple people. I've heard a couple of decent estimates that nurseries start to break even at 10 years, and even that Nature's Way probably depends on its landscaping business to support some of its bonsai operations.

If you can’t get an apprentice to be your #^{%, you can always get an illegal immigrant…

Or you can be like every other legitimate business out there, pay your employees, borrow money to invest in the business (Eg trees) etc

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I think it was called, “talk shit, get hit”.

D2726110-BEE4-4AF2-A41D-5ADB1FCACC29.gif

That was INDEED the name of the segment in which he chose to address the "How much $$$ do you think Bjorn is really worth?" - Thread.

In my opinion, the way it was handled by Bjorn, was quite professional and in
good humor.

🤓

Top Bottom