Black/ ash colored decay

Scrogdor

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Does anyone have any idea what this is? Tree was shipping delayed and arrived in an open box. May have gotten wet from hurricane ida on the way here. Grey/ashy colored decay on the leaves, not brown. O

Attachments

• B13342C0-0195-45C4-874A-FB34E9B53D75.jpeg
    B13342C0-0195-45C4-874A-FB34E9B53D75.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 20

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Where did tree come from? Looks much like mildew. Personally spray with Daconyl fungicide and keep foliage dry otherwise. Spray bottom and top of leaves well;).

Scrogdor

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Where did tree come from? Looks much like mildew. Personally spray with Daconyl fungicide and keep foliage dry otherwise. Spray bottom and top of leaves well;).
It came from Florida -> to California. Was in transit for about 8 days. Shipped on the 30th arrived on the 6th. Box was open when it arrived.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
JM are tough and will look better next spring. Agree with mildew treatment as above. As a curiosity not a criticism, why you would buy a JM from Florida instead of west coast?

Scrogdor

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
JM are tough and will look better next spring. Agree with mildew treatment as above. As a curiosity not a criticism, why you would buy a JM from Florida instead of west coast?
Who knows, I didn’t think it would be an issue, but alas I’m learning things every day haha.

Honestly I had trouble finding some good pre bonsai JPM’s in my area so I was just going’s through eBay.

Top Bottom