Black Hills and Colorado Spruce.

herzausstahl

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Another seedling I got from a nursery. Pretty sure it was Black Hills I got but they also sell White Spruce.

This little guy I just plan to let grow a bit, any advice is desired and wanted. The Colorado Spruce has been left to grow unchecked in the ground for awhile, time I try to do something with it. Not sure if I cut back this year and repot next year, or if I cut back just a bit to counteract the roots lost while digging it out of the ground.

First up the Black Hills. Everyone I got from these guys (some dead, some in other parts of the yard) have had cool nebari stemming from the fact that they sell them bareroot I think, so when I planted them I left some of the upper roots slightly exposed. If this at all makes sense.

DSCF6439.JPG DSCF6440.JPG DSCF6441.JPG

Here's the Colorado, not sure how leggy its gotten in the upper tangle.

DSCF6459.JPG DSCF6460.JPG DSCF6461.JPG
Originally for the colorado I wanted to style it like a mature eastern white pine which are numerous and I love they way they look. Here's a couple examples from the web but there are 3 on my parents land grouped together I will need to share that are my inspiration for the idea, that and eastern white pines make notoriously bad bonsai due to their growth habits from what I've read.

eastern-white-pine.jpg P1190521.JPG

Top Bottom