Black pine air later

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This one was repotted late last summer into this flat to try and boost vigor and speed development. I've trimmed up the bottom of the sacrifice and reduced to just a couple buds in order to encourage more options from the bottom section, which I was just going to let run, but I feel like I should still be guiding the bottom growth some more. Any suggestions?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 93

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Pull the weeds, spray with copper (it has needle cast), fertilize, give it full sun, and water regularly.

It needs to get healthy before you do any styling, pruning, needle pulling, or wiring.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
My fault for crappy pictures, and I omitted a detail that instead of trimming up the sacrifice, I actually lit some of the old needles on fire over the winter, which in turn scorched some of the needles further up. I don't think it has needle cast, but I could be wrong. The candles that it is pushing look pretty strong to me. Although I could see how another year of unrestricted growth would for the most part only open up more options. I do think I have a few decisions to make to prevent further reverse taper.

aframe

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Did you girdle the layer, or use a tourniquet or both?
thanks!

iant

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
So how do you get those camera effects? Do you have to move really quickly while you push the shutter?
Ian

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Out of focus plus bad lens plus a loooot of sharpening.

Top Bottom