Black Pine Pottery?

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Anyone ever hear of "Black Pine Pottery"? I recently acquired a nice glazed rectangular pot made by them but I can't find any other info about the potter/kiln. Thanks for any help,

Dave

TimD

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
hmm The only result I got in a search was some guy named Dave won one just recently in an auction.......:rolleyes:

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
hmm The only result I got in a search was some guy named Dave won one just recently in an auction.......:rolleyes:

Yeah, I've heard of that guy...he's a know-nothing idiot:cool:. I'm hoping someone with a clue will respond:D.

(seriously, I hope someone with a clue will repond)

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks, Bnut. The pot I got is very well made and has a nice yellow glazed finish. It would seem that they made nice pots.

Dave

Good Lord Dave, don't put a JBP in it...........:)

Ciao,
Harry

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Good Lord Dave, don't put a JBP in it...........:)

Ciao,
Harry

Oh crap...I hope I can return it and get my money back...ok, maybe I'll try one of those nice shimpaku junipers instead:rolleyes::cool:

Seriously, I just bought a Korean Hornbeam at the New England bonsai annual summer sale that may look great in this pot down the road...we'll see

Dave

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
For what it's worth, I confirmed that the pot was created by Georgann Lanich Payne. I asked her for more information about it, if she wanted to share. If she sends me anything I will post it here.

Top Bottom