Blackthorn troubleshooting

Reaction score
I have a small blackthorn (prunus spinosa) I got from a nursery which I repotted the beginning of April. Since it was from a nursery it had a large amount of fine roots, but also some large thick roots circling the nursery pot. When repotting I removed a large amount of roots to deal with these large circling ones but did leave a good amount of fine roots.

Since then it has been fine, steadily putting out some new grown and more buds. But I recently noticed some leaves are starting to become mottled or yellow, are curling a bit and a few have gone crispy at the edges (see pictures).

It is potted in mainly pumice with some perlite and composted bark. I can't see any visible pests, a few aphids have looked like they are trying to move in but a friendly spider has taken up residence and seems to be doing a good job of catching them, not seen many on the leaves.

Is this anything to be worried about? If so what can I do about it

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pics!

Sorce

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
So much depends which part of the world you live in. You can add a location to your personal profile so that it shows each time you post. That will give valuable clues to add to questions like this one.
Photos are also good because some members may be able to pick up subtle things that may be helpful that you have not even noticed.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Soil pics could help too.

Is that a pond basket?

Other care notes could help.

Sorce

Reaction score
Soil pics could help too.

Is that a pond basket?

Other care notes could help.

Sorce
It is a pond basket, yes. It has been out in full sun recently, has been outdoors 100% of the time, is wet at the moment because it just rained but is watered when the top inch or so of the soil is dry.

PXL_20220515_173700420.jpg
Soil
PXL_20220515_174022617.jpg
Budding on trunk
PXL_20220515_173721355.jpgPXL_20220515_173747149.jpg
Upper trunk was dead when I bought it. Didn't realise how far down it was dead till I chopped it back.
PXL_20220515_174009597.jpgPXL_20220515_173947753.jpg
More pics of the mottled and curling leaves.

Top Bottom