Blue Atlas Cedar branch die back from wireing??

Corrado

Mame
Reaction score
Ive been working with a blue atlas in the ground for 4 years now and it has a number of branches with branchlets. I notice when I went to wire some of them ,a few have died . I made sure not to stress the junction or break it so that is not the case. Are they sensitive to the physical demand of bending? Some branches have needles that are brown dead but the buds are swelling green with new needles and they are wired.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Some branches have needles that are brown dead but the buds are swelling green with new needles and they are wired.

I also have them in the ground and this year lost most of the old foliage, with a lot of new buds... From what I have read in landscape it is not unusual for them to do that every three years or so and they come back as mine are. There is also mention of an odd Winter weather condition that can cause the same thing. Both are natural.

Bottom line is they are just fine and on the rebound, odd to me but hey I see it here :)

You might want to add your general location/usda zone to your profile so it shows in your Avatar as it does in mine. You will find far more people will respond, many relating to your location :)

Grimmy

Corrado

Mame
Reaction score
Well some of the branches are showing the green buds swelling but there is 2 branches that are just plain dead. BUT, I wont cut them off . Who knows maybe life will venture forth in them again. OK I will list my zone region --thankyou.

Corrado

Mame
Reaction score
YEs, I will have to take a few pics of it. I tried adding my location and zone to my profile but it didn't seem to go into my avatar. IS there normally a delay for this?

Corrado

Mame
Reaction score
Well I tried but my digital camera at closeup just blurs up. There is a lot of green buds showing now so I'm happy about that. The one branch that died I had cut off clean at the trunk.

Top Bottom