Blue Jarcada Dead? Can I Revive? Tips?

Juic3dup

Seedling
Reaction score
Blue Jarcada Dead? Can I Revive? Tips?
I went to sleep last night and woke up to my Jarcadia and I was Hunched over it’s been doing good so far even threw a transplant.. and then today it just fell over I gave it VERRY Little food and lightly water if it but that’s about it? Yesterday.. it’s it dying.. the Stem is browning.. is that due to Dieing or Matuing I’ve had it for 2 months now? Any Advice? Thanks

Attachments

• 0833A580-3EB8-4CCF-8EA9-9800528B9A1E.jpeg
    0833A580-3EB8-4CCF-8EA9-9800528B9A1E.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 84754C67-B2E5-43E8-87A3-6810BDB9B6C6.jpeg
    84754C67-B2E5-43E8-87A3-6810BDB9B6C6.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 14

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Jacaranda are normally a FULL SUN, OUTDOOR, sub-tropical tree. They require very bright light to do well. Indoors, behind venetian blinds is simply not enough light. In low light the seedlings will be weak, fall over, and be very susceptible to fungal and bacterial diseases..

Start over, new seed, new dirt, setting the pot outdoors, in a spot that gets at least 6 hours of direct sun. You should have better success.

"Blue" foliage in most plants, for example blue agave, blue yucca, blue jacaranda, blue spruce, the blue is the result of plant waxes deposited on the leaves by the plant to protect the plant from intense direct sunlight. The wax reflecting light gives the plant a "blue" or gray look. Almost all plants with "blue" foliage are "full sun" loving plants. There are a few exceptions, but as a general rule, blue = sun lover.

cmu268

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
"Blue" foliage in most plants, for example blue agave, blue yucca, blue jacaranda, blue spruce, the blue is the result of plant waxes deposited on the leaves by the plant to protect the plant from intense direct sunlight. The wax reflecting light gives the plant a "blue" or gray look. Almost all plants with "blue" foliage are "full sun" loving plants. There are a few exceptions, but as a general rule, blue = sun lover.
Thanks for this little nugget of knowledge! Never knew this, and now have some new horticultural info to read up on.

Top Bottom