Blue Limber Pine

snady

Seed
Reaction score

I just purchased a bb blue limber pine that is in a 5 gal container at an end of season sale for a great price but I have never had a large tree wrapped in burlap before. Does anyone have suggestions for holding til next season. I dont have the luxury of being able to plant in ground as I live in a townhouse. I usually protect my trees in a small cold frame and bury them in wood chips. Can i safely remove the burlap and just repot back in the container now? Also should I wait til winter for a hard trunk chop and pruning??? Info I have suggests caring for it the same as JWP, which of course I dont have either...i haven't done alot of pines yet. The trunk and nebari are fantastic and I don't want to rush working on it....it just do darn hard not to work on them when you get them....
I really have it bad......that's the only thing bad about end of season sales....[/FONT]

Thanks!
Sandy

tanlu

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I received a JWP burlaped in the mail in mid September last year. I repotted it in turface right when I got it. It took off with rigorous growth this past spring. Where are you located? In my part of the country, mid Sept is a decent, but brief, window of opportunity for repotting pines. Just remember not to over pot (causes root rot when there's too much soil for the roots to colonize), one of the biggest mistakes with beginners.

Photos always help people give better input.

Top Bottom