Blue spruce victim, experiment number 1

stu929

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I was recently lucky enough to take my first bonsai class with a local pro Sean Smith and had a great time completing what I would call my first styled bosai . He provided to the class a wonderful assortment of Procumbens Nana for us to choose from and honestly there wasn’t a bad one in the group as it turns out he had another class coming up that was a bring your tree and I had two blue spruces laying around that I had picked up from a local nursery that I believed had potential

Here is a before CDB09CB2-3013-413A-B928-E87275B9C40D.jpegpictureView attachment 457127
And a during picture
4BDE0170-EADB-4040-A17F-C5ECABD9B025.jpeg
and my final product. I’ll admit it wasn’t the greatest picture as the layers are more visible to my eye but I don’t have as nice of a background to shoot it at my home. Sean was great in helping with the wiring and styling. I may shorten the apex eventually but for now I just plan to let it strengthen. Will likely add some Shari up the front of the tree in a year or so.
37D39F72-33E7-42F8-92A7-3AD364F519A6.jpeg
Not my tree but this was the basis of my inspiration, thanks again Sean for the help and guidance!
D2E2E2E1-70FB-4CC5-909C-8BFF42FF9C18.jpeg

stu929

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I love the jinned top on the second one.
I wish I had that tree. Love the look so I wanted to try to replicate it.
May end up bringing my branches down a little lower over time but honestly happy with the first styling.

orangeyeoman

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
That came out great. I like the top. I would have thought you'd want to leave it green while bending it, and jin it later, but I'm new to all this.

Top Bottom