- Bug fixes

Thanks again for all your input!

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Some feedback:

Very well done sir. I really have no complaints about functionality at all. Top ratings!

AKNicolle

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Bonsai Album v1.6 update is now available. This version includes:

- Added French localization
- Added German localization
- Existing Species and Events can now be edited

Enjoy!

AKNicolle

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Bonsai Album v1.7 update is now available on the App Store. This version includes the following changes:

- Added iOS 6 support.
- Support for new high-resolution iPhone 5 and iPod touch displays.
- Greatly improved app startup time with large databases. The app will take longer to start the first time after updating to this version, but will start faster thereafter. This is due to the database upgrade.
- Added Portuguese localization.
- Improved German localization of bonsai terms.
- Updated German CSV template.
- Improved data saving behavior.
- Fixed non-Retina iPad tab bar texture.
- Added database integrity check and repair of database corruption.
- Prevent automatic screen-locking during database transfer over WiFi.
- Added iTunes File Sharing support.
- Bug fixes.

Note: This update requires iOS 4.3 or higher!

Enjoy!

AKNicolle

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Bonsai Album v1.8 update is now available on the App Store. This version includes:

- Fixed purchase price truncation bug
- Added button to view pot information on the Bonsai Info screen
- Added buttons to view bonsai and pot information on the Log Info screen
- Bug fixes

Enjoy!

AKNicolle

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Bonsai Album v1.9 update is now available on the App Store. This version includes:

- Bug fixes.
- The database can now be transferred directly from Bonsai Album Lite to the full version.
- Renamed the Bonsai Album DB format to BDBI and added a BDBI file-type association.
- Transfer the complete database between devices (iPad / iPhone / iPod) over WiFi via Bonsai Album BDBI-format support.

1. Select Backup Database on the first device.
2. Enter the address into the web browser on the second device.
3. Tap the "bonsaialbum.bdbi" link and wait for the file to download.
4. Tap the Open in "Bonsai Album" button.
5. Bonsai Album will load. Tap Restore to transfer the complete database.

If you're enjoying Bonsai Album, please take a moment to rate or review it on the App Store. Thanks!

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I just posted the link to your page on some bonsai groups I am in on Facebook. Hopefully you get some more customers. I am buying it now.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
The Bonsai Album v1.9 update is now available on the App Store. This version includes:

- Bug fixes.
- The database can now be transferred directly from Bonsai Album Lite to the full version.
- Renamed the Bonsai Album DB format to BDBI and added a BDBI file-type association.
- Transfer the complete database between devices (iPad / iPhone / iPod) over WiFi via Bonsai Album BDBI-format support.

1. Select Backup Database on the first device.
2. Enter the address into the web browser on the second device.
3. Tap the "bonsaialbum.bdbi" link and wait for the file to download.
4. Tap the Open in "Bonsai Album" button.
5. Bonsai Album will load. Tap Restore to transfer the complete database.

If you're enjoying Bonsai Album, please take a moment to rate or review it on the App Store. Thanks!

Cool Andrew, Thanks for the update. Did you happen to fix the backup process to better integrate the iphone to the ipad? I'm talking specifically about double entries. I stopped using my iphone for this app b/c when I backed up the iphone for instance to the ipad, instead of just updating new entries/new changes alone, I kept getting double entries which drove me nuts. So I just use only the ipad which kinda defeats the purpose somewhat.

Chris

AKNicolle

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Chris. The duplication only comes about when using the import function rather than backup and restore. There was a photo duplication bug, but that one was fixed in the previous update. Having said all that, transferring between devices was fairly painful since you needed to transfer via a computer first. This new update eliminates that need. You can transfer the entire database from one device to another without using a computer. There's still no sync capability, but keeping two devices updated with the same database is now far easier.

nathanbs

Omono
Reaction score
Does anyone mind posting what their favorite aspect of this app is. I just purchased it but fail to see what I will really utilize it for. Not being critical of it I just need to know more about it

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Andrew, so all I have to use is 'backup and restore' on each device instead of import? It would be nice to be able to use both devices without mult. entries. Nice to hear this has been addressed.

Nathan, check out his website listed above. It pretty much describes what you can do. I use it to keep my bonsai photo's organized, progress, notes. That and sketchbook pro and I can play around with virts within my severally limited artistic talent just about anywhere...at home or waiting for an airplane. Lets me see my trees while I travel lol Anyway, just two fun and cheap programs.

AKNicolle

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, just backup and restore if you want a complete copy. Import is only when you selectively want to pull in certain entries of the database (just trees, just pots, or trees and pots without associated log entries). You no longer need a computer to transfer between devices, provided they're on the same WiFi network.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Very cool Andrew, Thanks! Edit: Works like a charm now Andrew, good work!

Last edited:

alexbarr

Seed
Reaction score
Localization

Regarding the aspect of localization, if you ever need to localize apps, themes or other files, you should work with https://poeditor.com/.

AKNicolle

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Bonsai Album v2.0 update is now available on the App Store. This version includes:

- Photos can now be rearranged. In the photo grid view for any Bonsai, Pot or Log, long press (not tap) the photo and drag it to the new position.
- Added a search bar on the Bonsai, Pots, and Logs lists.
- Improved Bluetooth keyboard support.
- Removed the photo slot selection button on the full-screen photo view. The main photo slots now reflect the order of photos on the Photos screen.
- Updated database transfer alerts to mention the ability to connect with the Mac version of Bonsai Album.
- Added Oldest Tree statistic.
- Bug fixes.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
When ios7 comes out this fall I am hoping that I can utilize the camera roll for all my bonsai photo album needs,because I think it will categorize by date and year now.I would much rather use the camera roll and photo stream for this purpose,but I never could cause it did not display date taken.It is cool cause' now whole years will be displayed as mosiac form with real tiny pictures.If it would just display dates I think I could figure a way to use it.

Top Bottom