Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Online or in store?

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am not convinced @Bonsai Nut thinks this is a good thing. ?

Reactions: Vin

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Online or in store?

I assume online. They just sent it to my email as their weekly special :)

Talk about "click-bait". The title of their email was "Offers Ending Today + NEW Items at Costco.com including INSTANT POT!".

I have no idea what the "instant pot" referred to, LOL... but I clicked the link to see what was going on :)

costco-bonsai.jpg

Note the instructions - that the juniper doesn't ship in full bloom, and is suitable for growing indoors. Sigh.

Last edited:

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Click bait for bonsai nurds! I have it bookmarked. ???

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Truth is the sad part is that it's suitable for indoors, and the juniper is not in full bloom it says. Bummer.
Beyond that, any green thumber should keep it alive, but you can get multiples on eBay for the same price.

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
The epitome of everything wrong in bonsai on a high level. Anything for a buck

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I don't think there is going to be a groundswell of new bonsai enthusiasts from this program, but it does remind me of an anecdote...

Every time Disney comes out with a major new picture featuring a domesticated animal, there is huge increase in interest in that animal as a pet. In some cases it is just amusing, in others it can be tragic - like 101 Dalmations and how it increased demand for a breed that isn't always the best family breed. When Disney was getting ready to release the first "Finding Nemo" movie, aquarium stores prepared for a dramatic increase in interest in marine aquariums. Unfortunately, marine aquariums are difficult to maintain, and aren't necessarily the best gift for young children.

Top Bottom