Bonsai Blogs?

BigDave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I noticed some of you guys have your blogs linked in your signatures (as do I). Are there any other bonsai blogs that you follow? One of my favorites is http://adamaskwhy.wordpress.com.

Yea Im partial but my friend just went to Japan to apprentice, and she has just got some stuff up. It may be interesting to watch

http://www.marthachoy.info/-blog.html

I like the happy potter...

http://bonsaipotterycoy.blogspot.co.uk/

good browsing,
Big D

subnet_rx

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I put together a bundle as well a couple of years ago, although not as extensive. I would like to update my bonsai blog list, but I recently got rid of the one blog posting 8 times problem by getting rid of a lot of feeds that just replicated the others so I wouldn't want to reintroduce that back in. Although I don't remember mine being OfBonsai's feeds, it was another blog network.

https://www.google.com/reader/bundle/user/16036541317089998975/bundle/Bonsai Blogs

I find Google Reader to be a great way to keep up with your favorite blogs.

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I put together a bundle as well a couple of years ago, although not as extensive. I would like to update my bonsai blog list, but I recently got rid of the one blog posting 8 times problem by getting rid of a lot of feeds that just replicated the others so I wouldn't want to reintroduce that back in. Although I don't remember mine being OfBonsai's feeds, it was another blog network.

https://www.google.com/reader/bundle/user/16036541317089998975/bundle/Bonsai Blogs

Way to go Aaron!

I clicked on your blog aggregator and lo and behold, ofbonasi 8 times!

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks for all the responses, everyone. ;)

I have Ian/BonsaiEejit's blog roll saved as a shortcut, but ofBonsai's posts being duplicated was really starting to get annoying. I figured I would make my own blog roll from some of the blogs you guys enjoy. There are (I think) over two hundred blogs in the BonsaiEejit list, so it would take an eternity to go through it.

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks for all the responses, everyone. ;)

I have Ian/BonsaiEejit's blog roll saved as a shortcut, but ofBonsai's posts being duplicated was really starting to get annoying. I figured I would make my own blog roll from some of the blogs you guys enjoy. There are (I think) over two hundred blogs in the BonsaiEejit list, so it would take an eternity to go through it.

I'm looking forward to yours then. It's been a thorn in my side that duplicate entry! I contacted Ian about it but got no reply.

Please let us know when you've completed this daunting task and remember that you can always add/delete as you go.

Don't forget to add Al's blog.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

How did you fix the one blog posting 8 Times problem? I have the same problem.

subnet_rx

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Way to go Aaron!

I clicked on your blog aggregator and lo and behold, ofbonasi 8 times!

Sorry, that is not the updated one. I'm going to have to edit that to reflect the changes I've made to my reader to fix it.

subnet_rx

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Here's the updated bundle. I do agree that these should be consolidated since it's not good to have all of these different versions running around. I believe several of the blogs on the other lists are now dead, and that is what is causing the replication. I can't see the direct links to the blogs, but I would check with those that start with "The Bonsai Blog of" and check the feed (then the blog) to see if it's still there or just redirecting to somewhere else.

http://www.google.com/reader/bundle/user/13777416178647280604/bundle/Southern Bonsai Bundle

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So, if you've not yet heard, Google is shutting down Google Reader in July. I'm firing up Feedly to replace it. So I wouldn't put TOO much work into creating your own Google Reader list, KennedyMarx. :cool:

subnet_rx

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Actually, Google Reader will export an OPML file that feed readers should be able to import. I just took a look at feedly, and it looks like their import process uses Google Reader. Hopefully, they will get that fixed soon, but that means we have till July 1 to organize a new bonsai blog list for everyone to put into whatever reader they use. I would imagine that the ones that are still maintained are either importing OPML files now, will import directly from Google Reader, or are gearing up to do so soon.

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Actually, Google Reader will export an OPML file that feed readers should be able to import. I just took a look at feedly, and it looks like their import process uses Google Reader. Hopefully, they will get that fixed soon, but that means we have till July 1 to organize a new bonsai blog list for everyone to put into whatever reader they use. I would imagine that the ones that are still maintained are either importing OPML files now, will import directly from Google Reader, or are gearing up to do so soon.

Hey, you're right! I exported everything to Feedly. They ARE using the Google API for their backend so it moved over flawlessly.

I guess the work won't need to be duplicated. Thanks again!

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yeah, the timing of Google's announcement was pretty funny. I actually subscribed to all of those blogs through Reader and started whittling them down (got from A to G in one long session). All of my subscriptions are imported into Feedly. I tried it out a few months ago, but didn't really care for it. Now it looks like I'll just have to deal with it. At least it syncs between all of my devices. It sucks that the BonsaiEejit blogroll is going to disappear though. Maybe Feedly has a way to create an open list like that or they'll implement one.

Top Bottom