Bonsai Boon DVDs

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
I am selling off my collection of Boon's training DVDs. I have two packages to offer. The first comprises all of his Pine DVDs(Repotting, Decandling, Wiring & Styling, Fall Maintenance), and all of his Japanese Maple DVDs(Tips & Techniques, and Repotting Deciduous trees). This bundle will cost you $128(free shipping) for all. The second offer is just the Japanese Maple Tips & Techniques DVD. I have no idea how I acquired two of the same DVD, but I have two. I put these on my holiday wish lists for years, so no doubt that is how a duplicate occurred. Anyways, this DVD will be $25 with free shipping. The discs are flawless. The DVD plastic cases are in like new condition. Each one still has all the original pamphlets and stuff that came with them. They are 99.99% identical to what you would receive by ordering from Boon.

Ok, now my review of the products. If you are serious about improving your ability in this hobby, this is the single best purchase you will ever make. I watched each video 5-10 times. The wealth of knowledge is insane for the price. Every beginner and club needs to own these DVDs at some point. Heck, I bet a lot of intermediate/advanced people would learn a thing or two from the pine DVDs. Needle plucking, grafting, and decandling are considered to be pretty advanced by most, so Boon's DVDs arent just for the novice. I could go on and on, but I will stop myself here. Boon is the man, and these training videos are top notch. Help the winter pass by in the blink of an eye by grabbing these up.

p.s. I know I have the juniper DVD too, but I looked and looked, but could not find it. If I do, I will probably sell that one too.

Patrickboon dvds.jpg

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Heck, I bet a lot of intermediate/advanced people would learn a thing or two from the pine DVDs. Needle plucking, grafting, and decandling are considered to be pretty advanced by most, so Boon's DVDs arent just for the novice.

I have all of Boon's DVDs (I think). On which one does he discuss grafting ...and grafting of Pine in particular?

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
He covers an approach graft in the decandling video if Im not mistaken. Im sorry, did you think I meant a comprehensive video on scion, approach, thread grafting? Its a good idea, he should do one! Honestly, I hope he continues to release more DVDs. I wouldnt mind some more advanced ones that are just two hours long of him styling a tree, or in-depth on grafting like you suggest.

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
The single Japanese maple tips and techniques DVD is sold. The large bundle is still available.

Last edited:

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
One of the trees he works with has an approach graft still attached. He doesn't demonstrate how he did it.

He advocates keeping it attached for two years.

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
All DVDs are sold. Thanks for looking.

Top Bottom