wow I wish they had cool things like this …besides Natl show … east east coast only has MABS and with all due respect … MABS needs a shot in the arm.
Good ideas.That’s awesome ! Coreana vs Orientalis as they work on different species and also approach to taking a field grown one into bonsai
EPIC!!!The Bonsai Central Planning committee is happy to announce that the website for the convention is now live, and we have recently started to accept registrations. This event is shaping up to be a wonderful opportunity for bonsai practitioners to exhibit their trees at a world class exhibition, shop supplies from highly coveted vendors across the country, and learn new skills via workshops, lectures, professional roundtables, formal demonstrations, critiques, exhibit walkthroughs, and informal pop-up demonstrations with our robust lineup of professional artists.
Bonsai Central will Feature:
Please spread the word to any that you think may be interested.
- 6 Professional guest artists: Marija Hajdic, Mauro Stemberger, Bjorn Bjorholm, Young Choe, Andrew Robson, and Tyler Sherrod.
- 14+ Workshops
- Bonsai, Kusamono and suiseki exhibits
- $7500 in prize money
- 12 Informal “pop-up” demonstrations
- 2 formal demos with 5+ artist taking place Friday and Saturday night
- Dinner is included in the price of admission on Friday and Saturday
- 9+ Bonsai and Kusamono lectures + Q&A sessions
- 3+ Professional roundtables (North American natives for bonsai, Transitioning nursery/yamadori/field-grown trees to bonsai, pot-making and bonsai ceramics)
- Opportunities for exhibition walkthroughs and critiques/Q&A with each of our guest artists
- 15+ Vendors confirmed to date
- Between three to seven simultaneous bonsai-related events happening at all times!
We hope to see you there!
Sneak peak of our programming for Friday (work in progress and subject to change)
View attachment 502067