Bonsai choice

brennobonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
I'm going to buy one of those trees.
Screenshot_20210208-101147_Video Player.jpgIMG-20210208-WA0013.jpgIMG-20210208-WA0012.jpgIMG-20210208-WA0010.jpg
I have never had experience with any of them so I am taking small ones like that.

Which ones do you recommend that I take?

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
I have never had experience with any of them so I am taking small ones like that.
Smaller bonsai are cheaper to purchase but much harder to keep alive. Those little pots will dry out before lunchtime outside in summer.
Mid sized trees are much easier for a beginner to manage.

Of the species above juniper are the hardiest. Serissa should be OK in warmer climate.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I heartedly recommend getting ALL of them. Partly in jest, partly serious.

One of the biggest problems with beginning bonsai is dealing with impatience while waiting for trees to grow. If you have a group of trees, you will have more frequent things to do. Otherwise you end up in a cycle of watering, then wait, water, then wait.

I recommend 60 or more, that way every week something will need something done.

You are in Brazil. The Serissa should be much easier for you to grow in your climate than us in the USA.

There are a couple members from Brazil, they might be able to give you help, I'll tag @Clicio

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
The juniper but when you get into bonsai these feel like scams kinda since they really aren’t bonsai just little tree/material. But I would get a juniper for the looks

Top Bottom