Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
My list isn't really a list, it's a January trip to Meehan's Miniatures!
It's only one hour from me, but I've never been there. I've actually never been to any Bonsai Only Nurseries at all!
Can't wait!
Don't know what I'll find there, but I'm thinking, at this point, I want to find something deciduous, with a respectable trunk and nebari.
I'll build branches.
Who knows though....

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I am thinking of a large Juniper purchase errr "gift"... to myself!... had my eye on one at Evergreen for about $250 but he went and replaced all the Large Shimpaku he had for sale with different, more expensive ones! Guess I waited too long!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's only one hour from me, but I've never been there. I've actually never been to any Bonsai Only Nurseries at all!
Can't wait!
Don't know what I'll find there, but I'm thinking, at this point, I want to find something deciduous, with a respectable trunk and nebari.
I'll build branches.
Who knows though....
Never been there in person but I ordered a shimpaku from her. Martha is very nice and has some good stock.
I am thinking of a large Juniper purchase errr "gift"... to myself!... had my eye on one at Evergreen for about $250 but he went and replaced all the Large Shimpaku he had for sale with different, more expensive ones! Guess I waited too long!
I saw that. But they are some honkers.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
My Mum has been bugging me on what I want for Christmas and it just dawned on me that is the perfect excuse to buy a couple of pots.
So I did.
Pretty stoked about them too as they will be my first really nice pots. Different too which suits me.

Will post a guess the potter thread when they arrive. :D

Grant Hamby

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I asked my wife for a sieve set and some copper wire. My last-minute decision to go to Kannapolis is kind of a gift for myself, ha.

Our family also does a gift exchange every year, so, for that, I asked for the "Principles of Bonsai Design" book.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
an AL Keppler @Smoke stand.

Wouldn't that be the balls!?!? But usually I have to satisfy myself......with the gift of "bonsai"....:D:D:D:D:D:D
My Christmas comes in springtime...Uncle Sam sends me free money for WeeMac and that's usually when the check shows up!!!:confused::rolleyes::D:D:D:D

Usually get a Prime Rib roast so to give everyone a nice dinner.....because I usually don't get anybody anything!!!!:(:confused::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D....Seen the price of a nice 8-10 lb roast lately?:eek::eek:

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Starting it off with one of my favorites...

Titanium Chop Sticks

After getting a pair of titanium chopsticks I will never use another type. Lightweight, super strong, super rigid. I love them!

View attachment 124030
Thanks for that, looks perfect for hi- tech entusiasts, fair priced, found a pair for 10€, free shipping.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
There're at least three books at StoneLantern I'd like to have.
B1AES1-2T.jpg B1DEADWOOD-2T.jpg B1GNARLY-2T.jpg
Any recommendations and reviews appreciated.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I asked my wife for a sieve set and some copper wire. My last-minute decision to go to Kannapolis is kind of a gift for myself, ha.

Our family also does a gift exchange every year, so, for that, I asked for the "Principles of Bonsai Design" book.

I hope to meet you there, please come by my table and say hello.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
There're at least three books at StoneLantern I'd like to have.
View attachment 124422 View attachment 124423 View attachment 124424
Any recommendations and reviews appreciated.
I have the Bonsai Deadwood book. I really like this book. Inspirational. Great visuals of tree texture...and I learned why it's important. Some really good practical examples that seemed to apply to my tree objectives....future carving mostly. Fabulous photography. Detailed explanation examples that I understood. I don't have the other two books.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Starting it off with one of my favorites...

Titanium Chop Sticks

After getting a pair of titanium chopsticks I will never use another type. Lightweight, super strong, super rigid. I love them!

View attachment 124030
I really like the balanced stainless steel soil picks, chopsticks, from American Bonsai. They feel fabulous when handling. I never thought about the balance of a pick stick....until I tried the AB picks at a show. Sold me in 30 seconds or less. Mighty fine.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I really like the balanced stainless steel soil picks, chopsticks, from American Bonsai. They feel fabulous when handling. I never thought about the balance of a pick stick....until I tried the AB picks at a show. Sold me in 30 seconds or less. Mighty fine.

Don't get me wrong, I own a pair of the stainless ones. But they bend. Not easily, but I am abusive toward my chopsticks and use them for all sorts of prying tasks. The titanium ones don't bend at all. They might break or shatter at some point, but I have yet to find that point :)

ianb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Can't wait!
I'll build branches.
Who knows though....

You should go, they have (had) some really good stock especially large cork bark chinese elm. It's been a while since I lived over there but they always had much better stock at the nursery than online. Say 'hi' to Martha and Hugh for me...

Top Bottom