Bonsai chrysanthemums and cascade sources

waydeo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The only gnome chrysanthemum source I have found is king's . They are sold out . Anyone have another source .

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
The only gnome chrysanthemum source I have found is king's . They are sold out . Anyone have another source .

As far as I know they are the only source. Mark your calendar, place your order between Dec 15 or so and March 1st. They only propagate to order. Orders then ship in April & May.

It is just the way it is.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
As far as I know they are the only source. Mark your calendar, place your order between Dec 15 or so and March 1st. They only propagate to order. Orders then ship in April & May.

It is just the way it is.
They are not the only source......

Two cultivars down, three more to go. These should be ready in about 30 days. I'm guessing when it's said and done I should have 8 flats of dwarfs.

20220609_172644.jpg

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b

Do keep an eye on @Pitoon 's website https://www.pit-eka.com/ because he may add the gnomes to his line up of plants at some point. Also watch other Bonsai Nut sellers through the sales section and through their websites linked in their signatures. Sometimes some of the members here will have interesting things for sale. You never know. But King's mums is the "commercial source". The gnomes were originally introduced to North American horticulture by William Valavanis of International Bonsai in Rochester NY. He sold the propagation stock he was maintaining to Kings Mums some 30 years ago when he decided he needed the greenhouse space for other projects. He does occasionally offer the Nippon daisy.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Any if anyone is interested in Nippon's I have plenty. I haven't listed them up for sale here yet because I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Too many things going on not enough time to do it all, but they are available if anyone is looking.

20220609_173045.jpg20220609_173124.jpg

waydeo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I marked my calendar. Pitoon you and Leo have been great help . Thank you.
Now I need to convince my CFO (better half ) I need a greenhouse or maybe
a roll of plastic for this winter. Lol. Pitoon send me an email when they are ready.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I marked my calendar. Pitoon you and Leo have been great help . Thank you.
Now I need to convince my CFO (better half ) I need a greenhouse or maybe
a roll of plastic for this winter. Lol. Pitoon send me an email when they are ready.
I saw you signed up for my newsletters. I will send an update via the newsletter. This way I can reach out to everyone that is interested. Too many people to email individually.

If you need to overwinter a simply winter hoop house should suffice. Put it up when you need it and take it down when you don't.

20220318_172643.jpg20220228_173534.jpg20220125_170411.jpg20220125_170509.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom