5a
Riverside where?
Illinois, a Chicago burb
California?
New York?
New Jersey?
Connecticut?
This is what I was going to ask!

"Riverside" is like a fairly common name.. like Lakeland... Or Watertown.

Riverside calif

Go to the Bonsai Society Group Forums (scroll all the way to the bottom)... And make one! That's what I did. 🤓

(After of course, extensively researching to make sure nothing similar EXISTEd.

Ruddigger

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I’m not aware of a Riverside club, good luck to you if you want to start one. Theyre a lot of work. Nao is right, I think my club in Chino is the closest to you.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I would have loved a club when l was in riverside… l had most of my collection die after moving there from Portland Oregon.

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
You know how Riverside got it's name?

Well, old man Riverside decided to sell the farm...

Sorry... and old joke my grandpa told me a long time ago. He was talking about Riverside, MO, which is right on the side of a river.

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You might consider starting with a more informal workshop with a few like minded enthusiasts. Less work. If it takes off, then make it a club.

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
There used to be a club called the Inland Empire Bonsai Society that met at UCR, but now, the only club I know in the vicinity of Riverside County is the Chino Bonsai Club (https://www.chinobonsaiclub.org/). They have a lot of talented active members and a very knowledgeable sensei in David Nguy. They meet the first Sunday morning each month.
Starting a club without a venue or an established sensei is a big challenge. If you can get 4 or 5 people to agree on a schedule to meet regularly in someone's garage or back yard, though, a club could come out of that.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Haha . Thanks for calling me out Greg!

Ie is difficult
Yes, it is very challenging to grow bonsai in IE, but if you know how to, it will be fine! 😊

Unfortunately you posted this a little late. We have a small group of people (6) come to my teacher’s home at Norco,Mr. Richard Ota, for years. Recently he moved to a new house, also in Norco, and we will have a meeting there next month. We have meeting once a month in the 2nd Saturday. If you like to come, let me see how the next meeting turn out , and I will let you know.
Thụ Thoại

Top Bottom