Bonsai Collection for sale

Boer Goat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I am selling my entire bonsai collection. The trees are in various states of development. The two trees pictured are a zuisho JWP and a Lodgepone (bunjin). The zuisho was acquired from Julian Adams a couple years ago. It was styled by Bjorn Bjorholm. The photo I've posted was taken by Bjorn at his place when we were choosing a pot.
(after styling obviously) I have more recent photos of the tree available. The lodgepole was acquired from Todd Schlafer a couple years ago. I have 27 trees total. Most of them are smaller trees in the development stage. I also have bonsai soil and tools. It all goes to one buyer. I will not separate anything. My reason for selling is that my wife and I will be traveling in Asia for 3-5 months. Actually we may decide to live there, it's a bit of a trial run. The trees may be viewed on FLICKR. My user name there is: rat1960 . Just search the user name. Asking price is $3700 for everything. Everything pictured on Flickr is what you get. Just for some context, the zuisho alone cost me $3000 from Julian, plus 1 day labor from Bjorn (styling) was $700, then $100 or $150 for the pot. The sale terms are: you will need to come to my house in Piqua, Ohio to get the trees. No shipping. Cash, cashiers check, or personal check only. Personal check will need to clear my bank before you take the trees. No installment payments. I'll be happy to give my email, cell number, do zoom or FaceTime, etc. To serious prospective buyers. 100% serious and legit. I feel the price is dirt cheap for what you'll be getting. I've placed everything in folders on Flickr and spent some time commenting on the pictures. Thank you.

IMG_0160.jpegDSC_0701.JPG

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
"rat1960 hasn’t made any photos public yet."

Similar for Albums and Galleries.

Boer Goat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
"rat1960 hasn’t made any photos public yet."

Similar for Albums and Galleries.
I think It's fixed? I changed a couple settings. It says the photos are getting views. Sorry, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Member since 2019...and never posted or shared an image until now. Only your selling post. 🤔 checked your past history. Mind you...I've not been around the forum in a few years. But history...shows nothing on you but your post here.

Screenshot_20230318_140438_DuckDuckGo.jpgScreenshot_20230318_140429_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Boer Goat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Okay...I'm lost...Maybe I misspoke... since the posters name isn't rat____. ?
Okay...I'm lost...Maybe I misspoke... since the posters name isn't rat____. ?
My name is Doug. I've been a long time member of Flickr, but I only joined to look at other peoples photos. The "rat" moniker stems from my birth year...1960...year of the rat. I've also been on this forum for awhile, I simply choose not to post. I'm not a big social media person. I'm not sure what you seem to be implying here. I'm not asking anybody to send me a check. I wouldn't expect anyone to give me a dime without coming to my house to view the trees in person. I can do zoom or FaceTime to show that both I, and the trees are real. Or any other means that would satisfy someones skepticism. I have a real house address, I have a real phone and real email. Just ask and I will provide...to serious parties in private conversation.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Good to hear.

It's been a real issue on Facebook. Of scammers selling trees they don't own. That's all. Huge issue. Friends I won't name...on the list of ones taken. Within the last month.

Personally...unless I knew someone had done business with a person online. Or we met in person. I would not buy from one I didn't know.

Auction platforms...I no longer trust on Facebook either. If I'm interested in something. I do my homework first before placing a bid. Because...it has gotten bad. For ones being taken in the hobby. Do I want a stranger to have my address? Yeah. I know trees also get stolen. Nothing against you. I'm just done trusting anyone. They have to earn it.

Boer Goat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Good to hear.

It's been a real issue on Facebook. Of scammers selling trees they don't own. That's all. Huge issue. Friends I won't name...on the list of ones taken. Within the last month.

Personally...unless I knew someone had done business with a person online. Or we met in person. I would not buy from one I didn't know.

Auction platforms...I no longer trust on Facebook either. If I'm interested in something. I do my homework first before placing a bid. Because...it has gotten bad. For ones being taken in the hobby. Do I want a stranger to have my address? Yeah. I know trees also get stolen. Nothing against you. I'm just done trusting anyone. They have to earn it.
I understand. I'm not on Facebook. I've been on Flickr since 2011 or 2012 and this is this first time I've posted a single picture. It crossed my mind that there could be skepticism of me on this forum due to me not being an active member/participant . As I said, I wouldn't expect or request a dime from anyone unless they've seen the trees in person. Have a good day.

ChefB

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
No. That's why we're moving. The hard times are about to begin. For everyone.
Care to elaborate on what these “hard times for everyone” entail and what exactly is bringing this upon us? Just curious.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I understand. I'm not on Facebook. I've been on Flickr since 2011 or 2012 and this is this first time I've posted a single picture. It crossed my mind that there could be skepticism of me on this forum due to me not being an active member/participant . As I said, I wouldn't expect or request a dime from anyone unless they've seen the trees in person. Have a good day.
Peculiar...your oldest photo posted is this one. October 2022? Of course...again. I was expecting...years of photos. Or do you have to allow access to the older images?
Though picking up trees. Would permit safe sales. 😉 so there is that.

Screenshot_20230318_161546_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20230318_161755_DuckDuckGo.jpg

JackHammer

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I am not too far away and grew up in Dayton. Only thing is I have very little experience with those cultivars and it would be too much of a risk on my end. Nice collection. It will take a panel truck to move everything.

Boer Goat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Peculiar...your oldest photo posted is this one. October 2022? Of course...again. I was expecting...years of photos. Or do you have to allow access to the older images?
Though picking up trees. Would permit safe sales. 😉 so there is that.

View attachment 477250

View attachment 477251
the date is when the photo was taken....not when it was posted. There are a few photos that were taken last fall.

Top Bottom