Bonsai Collection for sale

Adamski77

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8/9
All the best… I wish I could come and pick it up… especially this pine… or you could fly together with your stuff to Asia :). Btw… I have been living around Asia for last 10+ years… if you need anybody to talk to you can send me private message. Good luck!

Boer Goat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
All the best… I wish I could come and pick it up… especially this pine… or you could fly together with your stuff to Asia :). Btw… I have been living around Asia for last 10+ years… if you need anybody to talk to you can send me private message. Good luck!
Nice. My wife is from the Philippines, and that's were we will be going. We were married in Las Pinas city 11 years ago, and we've been there several times since then. I won't be getting a big culture shock, just got to see if it's for me long term. We are in our 60's and retired.

Boer Goat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Note to everyone: I have 120 photos and 18 albums on Flickr. I've been told only 67 photos and zero albums are visible? I think I need to figure something out on there. Thanks.

Adamski77

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8/9
Nice. My wife is from the Philippines, and that's were we will be going. We were married in Las Pinas city 11 years ago, and we've been there several times since then. I won't be getting a big culture shock, just got to see if it's for me long term. We are in our 60's and retired.
Have a friend (not a bonsai hobbyist) with exactly same “set up”… he is American she is Philippine… he wants to retire in Philippines too :). It’s a great place to go for retirement…

I still have “few” years to go ;)

Boer Goat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Have a friend (not a bonsai hobbyist) with exactly same “set up”… he is American she is Philippine… he wants to retire in Philippines too :). It’s a great place to go for retirement…

I still have “few” years to go ;)
There are a lot of positives...mostly to do with cost of living. There are also a lot of negatives...mostly to do with culture and how westerners perceive that things should be. You would definitely not be in Kansas anymore.

Boer Goat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Note to everyone who has showed interest about my trees: I have a buyer for the trees. Thanks to a member of this forum who mediated the sale with me and a non-member of this site. If he wants to name himself, I'll leave that up to him. If the deal falls through for whatever reason, I may re-list the trees, but I believe this person to be a serious buyer. Thanks again.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
There are a lot of positives...mostly to do with cost of living. There are also a lot of negatives...mostly to do with culture and how westerners perceive that things should be. You would definitely not be in Kansas anymore.

Depends on the part of Kansas, my friend...

Homeless and poor is homeless and poor ... Regardless of location...

Ever been to the crime heavy areas in Appalachia?..

What about Southeast Chicago?

The way you speak insults the intelligence and worldliness of many of the people here.

...it's all a matter of perspective and experience...

People would rather run... Then hear the second half of ANY argument, not realizing how CONNECTED the world is...

"...hitting the fan".. is the expression...

Well... SORRY... we are all in front of the fan one way or another.

...you find true peace and enlightenment WITHIN.

But you're right, thinking that geography matters IS a very western ideal.. and I'm sorry you hold this.

Asia will be good for you.

Top Bottom