Bonsai Collection North

ketoi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Read about this Bonsai collection at Lake Merrett in Oakland CA. not the 1st you would think of to see Bonsai.I had some time the other day to kill so I stopped in for a look. It was a cool overcast morning, there were no other visitors just me and a docent raking leaves. I was there about an hour, mesmerized by the size and age of these specimens. Almost makes me want to to try my hand at traditional techniques...almost :p

My photos
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v24/weezR/Bonsai North/?albumview=slideshow

Their website
http://web.mac.com/ltferzoco/GSBF/Home.html

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bonsai Bondage

Sad to see that every tree is chained or cabled down against theft.

Will

The story is sadder than you think, Will. The chains are not for theft. This collection of trees is part of a West Coast slave tree ring. At this moment, millions of minature trees are being held against their will as modern-day bonsai's in bondage. Free the tree!

Last edited:

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will,
Those are soaker hoses, tie down cords, and wire; not chains and security cables. They are being protected from the coastal wind not theives.

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
Will,
Those are soaker hoses, tie down cords, and wire; not chains and security cables. They are being protected from the coastal wind not theives.

In that case, let's go get'em!

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ketoi,

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed the pics of those trees.

chappy56

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Amazing display. I saw it a couple of years ago.
The tree attached was a gift from Japan to the then United States President Abraham Lincoln.

Attachments

• PA060125.jpg
    PA060125.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 23

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, but I would chain the Abe Lincoln tree.

Harry

chappy56

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They actually have a pretty good security system there too. The trees are in a really nice enclosure. Good and safe all in all.

Top Bottom