BONSAI DYING!

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am new to bonsais and I bought one about a month or so ago. It was doing great until I noticed little webs between the branches and browning of leaves , I am young so I don't have the opportunity to go out whenever I want so I asked to go buy pesticides, which I am today getting the opportunity to get, I noticed the webs 2 days ago. Now nearly all my tress leaves are brown please help! I have a pyracantha tree. Please help I love my bonsai!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 73

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

You may be able to just water blast it.

Sorce

Reaction score
Is the plant outside? Can U update ur location in ur profile so people know your climate zone. Welcome to the forum, I hope he makes it.
Hi! I live in Costa Rica , Ive kept him inside for a while

BonsaiProdigy

Seedling
Reaction score
If its spider mites just use low concentration of soap water to kill. They are soft bodied so it will dry them out and kill them. Regular Dish soap works fine.
Make sure you dont have it in the sun while spraying though, as this might lead to the leafs suffering. Spider mite eggs hatch every 3 days so 2 or more applications
might be required to eradicate. If your not exactly sure what kind of bug this is or how to get rid of it. Heres a link to a request form to help identify what you have. http://www.whatsthatbug.com/ask-whats-that-bug/
Response may take a few days but usually its pretty quick.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck with your bonsai and welcome to crazy, as they say.. :cool:

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
If you have access to a large bucket you can leave the bonsai underwater for 90 minutes or so. Mites can't breathe underwater or swim.

Top Bottom