Bonsai Empire‘s new Bonsai Intermediate Course 2

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Bonsai Empire‘s new Bonsai Intermediate Course 2

I enjoyed looking at this in full length. At this time of the year on some days this is the best that an happen. The whole intermediate course was really educational and not boring for me. I can highly recommend to all levels to consider going for this education which is inexpensive compared to what a small pot or tree costs.

Even if you think that you know already – you will learn something that is new to you!

Bjorn Bjorholm and Michael Hagedorn are lecturing and giving advice to intermediate and advanced students. In-depth information is given on subjects which are usually just covered superficially in beginning courses:

- stages of development of bonsai

- pruning techniques, how and when on which species with examples

- literati and root over rock bonsai in general and specifically pruning them

- fruiting trees and their requirements

- overwintering bonsai in amateur environments

Bjorn and Mike both are very good speakers and express themselves clearly in a soft-spoken matter of fact way. They are easy to follow also for folks whose first language is not English.

The videos are done quite professionally in much better quality than what is normally available on the net.

For me personally it was interesting to see that the two experts between them have some slightly different ideas about some issues – which would not directly be noticeable to many viewers. It is well known among insiders that I myself have again some different ideas about the subjects. Interesting to me was the to see that what they said and did fit very well into what I am thinking and doing - I am only adding a few things. This might come as surprise to many insiders. In the end only results tell whether an idea or technique is more or less valid. And Born and Michael sure have the results.

Attachments

• Bjorn2.jpg
    Bjorn2.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 11

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have taken all the Bonsai Empire courses over the past 3 years and have been waiting to check out the new Intermediate course. I can see the BE folks took in lots of input and included this input into these new offerings as part of the course
  • Deciduous trees in early development
  • Deciduous trees in mid development
  • Deciduous trees in refinement stage
  • Conifers in early to mid development
  • Conifers in refinement stage
I'd highly recommend this course, especially to folks in their first 5 years in the hobby... and the upper level courses are good on demonstrating higher level techniques for more advanced folks.

Cheers
DSD sends

Top Bottom