Bonsai from the Wild

koyote1

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks for the suggested book Bonsai from the Wild. I just picked up the '06 edition and should be receiving the signed 1997 one soon. This is now my favorite bonsai book as well as artist. If your reading this and don't know Nick Lenz, look him up and get the book. Thanks folks. -Kevin

koyote1

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
yes Larch, no but I wish. SunDancer from Manitoba Canada.

Last edited:

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Kevin, he's a great guy to work with, if you have a chance do a workshop with him. Not sure what clubs and nurseries in your neck have for work shops but you are not that far from him.

koyote1

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Bill, if you don't mind me asking, where in Western Mass are you? I grew up in Southampton, near Nothampton, Springfield, Holyoke. If you're in the Berkshires I'm very jealous.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I would be too, but I am in W spfld., not so bad though. Once a New Englander always a New Englander.

koyote1

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm movin' back after I get married this fall. Only I'm headed to the north shore of Boston, right near Salem, right near Colin Lewis. I went to college in Boston, then moved to Danvers and loved it. You couldn't be more right about being a New Englander. I even see it here in NY. I'll work outside in Feb. in a light sweatshirt, while the guys around me are bundled like they'e in the Arctic, AND they're huddled around a "burn barrel". What bonsai nursery do you frequent? Bonsai West? N.E. Bonsai? Is there anything closer?

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Colin has bought a new house
Sadly he is in the hunt again...didn't pan out.

Top Bottom