Bonsai Fungus

NOZZLE HEAD

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks for this. I have used more systemic fungicides (Cleary’s 3336 and Daconil particularly) over the last few years, and am convinced they have had an impact on growth rates in my trees. I am not sure Mancozeb has as much of a stunting effect.
I expect all the stunting came from the 3336, not the chlorothalonil it is not systemic, just a really broad spectrum protectant type non systemic fungicide.

Phosphites which are the most systemic fungicide, quickly cause a root flush and that leads to more vigor, I use them to overcome transplant stress in newly planted orchards and see really good results.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I expect all the stunting came from the 3336, not the chlorothalonil it is not systemic, just a really broad spectrum protectant type non systemic fungicide.

Phosphites which are the most systemic fungicide, quickly cause a root flush and that leads to more vigor, I use them to overcome transplant stress in newly planted orchards and see really good results.
I actually noticed it the first time with Daconil, and switched a year later to 3336 hoping it would not stunt growth.

NOZZLE HEAD

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Were you using “Daconil Action”?
It would have the same effect as the 3366.

Which disease were you targeting?

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Were you using “Daconil Action”?
It would have the same effect as the 3366.

Which disease were you targeting?
No, just this; treating Cedar-Apple rust on hawthorn, Chinese quince, and RMJ.
7EF69D72-BF49-4BA3-9EDA-DAA94B2B1275.jpeg

mapleX

Yamadori
Reaction score
@Brian Van Fleet May I ask you if you finally did the test to remove the fungicides to see if they were responsible for the lack of growth on your trees?

Thanks a lot

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
@Brian Van Fleet May I ask you if you finally did the test to remove the fungicides to see if they were responsible for the lack of growth on your trees?

Thanks a lot
I no longer use Daconil on my trees, which I think was the one that slowed them down. This year I didn’t use anything on my hawthorn, and got good growth, but also quite a bit of fungal issues. Now that growth is slowing down, I’m using Mancozeb, which does a pretty good job.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mask Breeders.

Sorce

nuttiest

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thiophan, carbendazim, or propiconazole... anyone have tree canker and/or growth suppression update?

Top Bottom