Bonsai goals, fulfillment?

What do you seek to accomplish?

• Forever shape and change the bonsai world with your own unique style?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get your trees international reknown?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

herzausstahl

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
What are your bonsai goals? What do you seek to produce or contribute to the world of bonsai?

herzausstahl

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
This is more of a fun thread without a single correct answer. As much as a lot of people hate the "everybody is a winner, everyone gets a trophy " stigma in society as a whole (my family has employed a few entitled brats in our time) there can be a time and place for this early on in life (like my 4 yr olds soccer league with no goalie & no score keeping as they learn to play the game). I've intended this as more of an introspective self ID of what your personal goals are in this hobby/art, which is why there is no wrong answer. This forum is a great online community encompassing a vast populace of people from all regions, walks of life who share a common interest.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ever since @MACH5 came looking for a big D....

I been trying to give it to him!

Seriously, I may create a tree or 2...

But I want to produce stock that People with the mad skills would be proud to finish and show.

I wanna see Blue ribbons next to (my) trunks.

Sorce

AALen

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
It's just a relaxing, simple past-time for me. I find way too many bonsai practitioners take the hobby and themselves too seriously. I just want to do my own thing, creating trees that I enjoy. If someone else enjoys them too, that's just cherry.

I like to play with uncommon species not necessarily to "pioneer" them but because there are no preconceptions about them from traditionalists. I hate that people have expectations for junipers and pines and maples and elms and ficus and project those expections into every conversation about these types of trees. And I love the journey of self-discovery, too.

LoriAnn

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
EST
I don't hope for any recognition. That is beyond my world of bonsai looking at many others.. :) I have looked at bonsai trees in awe for many years. I hope to grow with the advice on here but no champion at shows here. But there could be someone else watching... So keep up the guidance.

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Make some nice trees
Make some silly trees
Make some truly awful trees
Grow material for others to use far down the road. Especially local plants that seems to be under utilized.

Those are my goals at this point anyway.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I am never going to climb a mountain, or go tromping about in the woods to find a tree. But I do try to take the advice here to make the best of what I have. I do it for the enjoyment of seeing new growth, maybe some flowers. I have no desire for show quality trees, but enjoy the process of working with them and trying to improve.

Johnathan

Omono
Reaction score
Just for fun- for my own enjoyment. I would like to have a couple nicer ones that i created myself.
I would like to have 8-12 nicer trees rather than 25 project trees.

This is it for me also. I just want a nice collection of various trees. My initial goal was to get one for each type of forum here... I THINK thats still my goal lol

Top Bottom