Bonsai Granada, Spain

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Couple weeks ago I bit the bullet and decided I wanted a decent size sabina juniper. After looking far and wide from the comfort of my home I found Granada Bonsai, from Granada, Spain.

They accept paypal, which is a huge plus. They have pictures of the tree in question and promise that what you see is what you get, another plus.

The store contacted me about their shipping issues due to christmas, we agreed that a later shipment would work better.
Couple days later I have a sabina juniper.

Extremely well packaged, strapped down to the bottom panel of the box; I couldn't take the tree out without tearing the box apart. Which is awesome.

Tree is super healthy, good quality.

IMG_20220118_183813.jpg

All in all the ease of sale, good customer contact, quality packaging and quality shipping are all positive.
Fairly priced too.

9/10 would buy there again.

My only point of critique is that there is no insured shipping outside Spain and the use of GLS.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Congrats on the new tree. This is the tree walked to you today?

Do they have decent prices?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Congrats on the new tree. This is the tree walked to you today?

Do they have decent prices?
Yes, this one has been legwagoned to me today.

For yamadori and yamadori-like specimens these had the best price vs. quality and age that I could find in Europe (at least for the seven languages I can read and understand to some extent).

Specifically I was looking for sabina rastrera and similar sized and aged specimens are available "near me" for about double what I paid for it at Bonsai Granada. The guys close to here have fair prices, but I'm a Dutchman. You know how we are; if we can cut out the middle man to save pennies, we will.

This was not the best specimen they're selling, but my budget was limited and I figured this one had more branches so I can make more cuttings of the cultivar.

Climate wise, Granada seems to be similar to us in winter. So I'm hoping for an easy transition.

Top Bottom