bonsai growing kit

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I am not sure I can tell if you actually are being serious or not, but if you are “getting people into bonsai” works better with a small starter plant thats durable instead of seed. Seed takes too long for most folks to keep interest.

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I am not sure I can tell if you actually are being serious or not, but if you are “getting people into bonsai” works better with a small starter plant thats durable instead of seed. Seed takes too long for most folks to keep interest.
ill let him know. I tried last year but he bought a juniper and kept it inside all the time against my best wishes and advice. Thats how he got the nickname Jon Snow

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
ill let him know. I tried last year but he bought a juniper and kept it inside all the time against my best wishes and advice. Thats how he got the nickname Jon Snow

Unless a friend has previously shown some horticultural skill, introducing them to bonsai is usually a fool's errand. And raising anything from seed is more difficult than starting with a live growing plant. Generally, bonsai make very poor gifts to people without "green thumbs". Just too much to learn. And not everyone is ready to "go back to school".

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Fig or nothing for a beginner who wants a houseplant. Crawl, walk, maybe run.

Top Bottom