Bonsai ID and care advice

Elmes

Seed
Reaction score
Hi, I was gifted this bonsai for Christmas, however, I have no clue what species this is and what is appropriate climate ect. I am in the UK so condition s are cold if that helps. 16099566516626320132067880407383.jpg16099566934688202970250916416287.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I need one of them rulers!

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Herons bonsai on youtube has a video called indoor bonsai all you need to know
watch that, i know this species is also shown and youll learn a few useful things

Elmes

Seed
Reaction score
Herons bonsai on youtube has a video called indoor bonsai all you need to know
watch that, i know this species is also shown and youll learn a few useful things
Ok, will have a look, thanks for the quick reply!

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Could be a Zanthoxylum species, known as Sichuan pepper. or could be Aglaia odorata, Chinese perfume plant.

The Sichuan pepper is winter hardy to some degree, one species is hardy to zone 5, another is hardy only to zone 7. If it is the perfume plant it is tropical, will not tolerate more than a very light frost.

There are a few other possibilities. But those two are the first to come to mind.

Elmes

Seed
Reaction score
Could be a Zanthoxylum species, known as Sichuan pepper. or could be Aglaia odorata, Chinese perfume plant.

The Sichuan pepper is winter hardy to some degree, one species is hardy to zone 5, another is hardy only to zone 7. If it is the perfume plant it is tropical, will not tolerate more than a very light frost.

There are a few other possibilities. But those two are the first to come to mind.
Ok, thanks for the help, very informative, I had a look online, I think it may be the sichuan pepper as the leaves have a strong lemon scent.
-Luke

Top Bottom