Bonsai identification

Rac

Seedling
Reaction score
I just bought this bonsai and I would like to know what species it is so I can get to know how I should take care of it. Thank you

Attachments

• 20201215_001748.jpg
    20201215_001748.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 20201215_001743.jpg
    20201215_001743.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 69

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If you click on your Icon in the upper right corner and add your location, people can give advice customized to your climate.

Rac

Seedling
Reaction score
If you click on your Icon in the upper right corner and add your location, people can give advice customized to your climate.
Thank you I just did, i am locatated in Malta the climate is quite hot and humid, do you know what species it might be?

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Looks like Serissa, but you need more opinions.

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Looks like it's from Australia and New Zealand, so I would think it could do well in the Mediterranean.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
syzigium sprout readily on bare wood if you need to prune hard. Responds very well to light trimming too. We usually repot and root prune in warmer months and I have cut roots really hard with no problem. Should do well in Malta.

Rac

Seedling
Reaction score
syzigium sprout readily on bare wood if you need to prune hard. Responds very well to light trimming too. We usually repot and root prune in warmer months and I have cut roots really hard with no problem. Should do well in Malta.
Do you think I should repot it this year? as where I bought it from told me to repot it in 2 years in March .

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
If they have told you it will be OK for 2 years then it probably will be. It looks OK in the photo.
Test whether the tree is root bound by pressing down on the soil with a finger. If the soil can be compressed a bit it is still fine. If the soil is packed really tight and cannot be compressed by a finger the pot is getting full of roots and you should consider repotting soon.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Had a teacher once who told us a story about culture that kept Rac's. How they were these beasts that folks would keep in pens, then let them go and they would run people over and kill them...the whole thing sounded so stupid and ridiculous, to let these things destroy us like that, then he flipped it and said we do the same thing with Cars.

It was a good lesson.

Sorce

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Isn't it a little early for the nectar of the Gods to be helping us philosophize.....

Rac

Seedling
Reaction score
Welcome to Crazy!

Had a teacher once who told us a story about culture that kept Rac's. How they were these beasts that folks would keep in pens, then let them go and they would run people over and kill them...the whole thing sounded so stupid and ridiculous, to let these things destroy us like that, then he flipped it and said we do the same thing with Cars.

It was a good lesson.

Sorce
????

Top Bottom