Bonsai internship

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Danny Coffey started off with an internship there. Life changing experience for him.

Scott

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
The only problem I've heard with this is that the cost of living in the area is high. For a curator or intern pay you'd have to have a long commute to justify working there. Great if you live in the area though.

I applied but I don't graduate until June so my availability is conflicting. If I was in the area I'd be all over this though.

KingJades

Shohin
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank you all who posted that the 2018 First Curator's Apprenticeship application process opened up and gave me the support to put forward an application for it. I am excited to announce that I was selected and I should be starting very shortly. It lasts for the 6 month growing season from April to mid-October and should provide a ton of practice working with world-class trees of different species.

I'll be relocating from Pittsburgh, PA to DC later on this week. I've already been hustling around for a few weeks selling off most of my belongings to scale everything down to the size of a small sedan. It has sometimes been a tougher process than I'd like to admit, but now that it's mostly behind me, it's been satisfyingly cathartic to shed baggage (literally....) that I've been carrying around with me for entirely too long. It's likely a practice I should undertake more often even without these life-changing situations.

After I finish with the short apprenticeship I'll likely be relocating to Texas (Houston/San Antonio areas) or Florida so hopefully I can start to queue up the community in those areas as I continue my journey toward the next big step of a full-on apprenticeship.

If you happen to be in the DC area, stop in and say Hi.

Thank you all,
David

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The only problem I've heard with this is that the cost of living in the area is high. For a curator or intern pay you'd have to have a long commute to justify working there. Great if you live in the area though.

I applied but I don't graduate until June so my availability is conflicting. If I was in the area I'd be all over this though.
Congratulations! I will be up and around there this spring and summer. I'll stop and say Hello.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank you all who posted that the 2018 First Curator's Apprenticeship application process opened up and gave me the support to put forward an application for it. I am excited to announce that I was selected and I should be starting very shortly. It lasts for the 6 month growing season from April to mid-October and should provide a ton of practice working with world-class trees of different species.

I'll be relocating from Pittsburgh, PA to DC later on this week. I've already been hustling around for a few weeks selling off most of my belongings to scale everything down to the size of a small sedan. It has sometimes been a tougher process than I'd like to admit, but now that it's mostly behind me, it's been satisfyingly cathartic to shed baggage (literally....) that I've been carrying around with me for entirely too long. It's likely a practice I should undertake more often even without these life-changing situations.

After I finish with the short apprenticeship I'll likely be relocating to Texas (Houston/San Antonio areas) or Florida so hopefully I can start to queue up the community in those areas as I continue my journey toward the next big step of a full-on apprenticeship.

If you happen to be in the DC area, stop in and say Hi.

Thank you all,
David

Congratulations David. If you end up in Houston, be sure to look me up. We have an active community of bonsai enthusiasts here and we’d welcome a new friend.

S

Top Bottom