Bonsai Jack Inorganic soil mix

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
BJ's premix includes "bonsai block" and "Monto Clay." (along with lava and pumice) I guess these are the same as turface, or very similar - would this mean that this soil does not break down and could be reusable?

Ridley

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I use the Bonsai Block regularly. I am very satisfied with the product. I don’t classify Bonsai Block as the same as Turface. It’s different to me. It has not broken down over the last five years of use and is reusable.

Monto Clay is a Turface type product but the name has to be different due to copyrights I believe. I don’t know much about this product other than what’s on BJs website.

Bonsai Jack is excellent to work with...online and over the phone. I have not been disappointed at all.

Reactions: Rid

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
BJ's premix includes "bonsai block" and "Monto Clay." (along with lava and pumice) I guess these are the same as turface, or very similar - would this mean that this soil does not break down and could be reusable?

Ridley
Yes, you can reuse it for sure. I used the organic, two of the components can be reused. I think the value is good.

Scooter9166 - 5a

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Agree with @Tieball
Bonsai Block holds much less water than Monto Clay, in my experience. I've used two gallons of each, so take that for what it's worth.
I will say with certainty that Bonsai is visually striking, and makes an excellent top dressing.

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yes, you can reuse it for sure. I used the organic, two of the components can be reused. I think the value is good.
How do you separate the bark from the other two?
Ridley

Top Bottom