Bonsai Jack Universal Organic

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Decided I am getting away from peat based potting soil for growing out trees,and growing bonsai.
I wanted more of a domestic mix and found BonsaiJack’s website.
I bought 14 gallons of the universal organic with free shipping,comes to $10 a gallon.Not bad at all for something as graded and sifted,mixed like this.I was impressed.I also like the info listed on website about general ph and evaporation rates and stuff like that.
Looks to be usable straight out of the bag;)
40/40 pumice and bonsai block w/ 20% pine bark.All generally 1/4”.
130F9AC9-51B9-4305-A271-28DDBFB50F36.jpeg

Last edited:

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Decided I am getting away from peat based potting soil for growing out trees,and growing bonsai.
I bought 14 gallons of the universal organic with free shipping,comes to $10 a gallon.Not bad at all for something as graded and sifted,mixed like this.I was impressed.I also like the info listed on website about general ph and evaporation rates and stuff like that.
View attachment 193409
That's some good looking stuff there.

Aeast

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've bought lava and pumice from them and was very impressed with the quality.

b3bowen

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
View attachment 193409
Most of my trees are in akadama mixes but at 60$ a bag I am moving away from it. Will have to do a lot of repotting in the spring and I was hoping to get your experience with the mix above now that your post is several years old.

Top Bottom