Bonsai lamentation

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Without any wiring, my trees all got twisted. Some got barerooted. Some uprooted. A lot no where to be found. When Laura brought 150 mph to my place and my house is right on the NE side of the eyeball, nothing stood a chance.

I'm in clean up and insurance mode. Can't take care of a few trees I have left. Electricity will be out for weeks if not months. Electric companies are saying this requires a total grid rebuild.

I can lament about lost roof, walls, and windows elsewhere. I'm here to lament on my trees.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Without any wiring, my trees all got twisted. Some got barerooted. Some uprooted. A lot no where to be found. When Laura brought 150 mph to my place and my house is right on the NE side of the eyeball, nothing stood a chance.

I'm in clean up and insurance mode. Can't take care of a few trees I have left. Electricity will be out for weeks if not months. Electric companies are saying this requires a total grid rebuild.

I can lament about lost roof, walls, and windows elsewhere. I'm here to lament on my trees.

That’s aweful!

I’m so sorry to hear ...

(I’ll keep it on TREES, as that seems to be your preference)

My thoughts/meditations/“prayers” are with you...

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I am glad you are safe, but so sorry to hear about your losses. Sounds like you have a long haul in front of you, I wish you strength in the labors to come.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I can't imagine the nightmare you are going through, so sorry.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What an ordeal you are going thru. I hope that your insurance agents and the people you are working with are good people, it can make all the difference. Wishing you well.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My heart goes out to you and yours. I've had family in similar situations over the years along the Gulf Coast. Rita cleaved my aunt's home of 55 years in Beaumont in half by dropping a huge live oak on the roof. Wind took what was left. She moved to Houston after that.

Bright side (and there is one), things get better. Sounds Pollyanna, but it's true.

Good luck and may God watch over you.

Top Bottom