Bonsai Mirai email

jordystokes

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Just got this email from a the Mirai email list. Anybody know what this is about?

Attachments

• IMG_6642.PNG
    IMG_6642.PNG
    58.6 KB · Views: 264
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't know for sure but I think they will be releasing training, garden tours, design videos etc. for a subscription fee or a one time fee. This is just a guess though. I am curious too and looking forward to it.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
I don't know for sure but I think they will be releasing training, garden tours, design videos etc. for a subscription fee or a one time fee. This is just a guess though. I am curious too and looking forward to it.
This.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Bonsai Mirai needs to hire a proper marketing manager.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bonsai Mirai needs to hire a proper marketing manager.

Ryan very busy and only has time for so much. Too much outside trees likely would cause neglect for Bonsai. Too much marketing might not be good;).

jordystokes

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
..ever out of reach, un-obtainable makes more sense now
I showed my fiancé a picture of the giant unglazed pot and asked her how much she thought it was worth.... she said $350...

I think that Ryan's pots/trees/equipment/tools are beautiful, but most are just out of my price range for those particular things. His buying demographic is more gear toward the bonsai professional and semi-professional, correct?

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
To me honestly, I just don't understand his business model. Everything is for the person who has money coming out the nose. I guess one sale and your good for the year but I don't get so outrageous prices.
I hear ya, seems odd for a guy who says his goal is to spread the art of bonsai across America...

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I hear ya, seems odd for a guy who says his goal is to spread the art of bonsai across America...

I know, Bonsai community is already a minority , then the rich within that community is going to be very small. I guess if that's who your targeting and you can make a few sales a year then hats off. I just feel like all us normal people get stepped on in the process because we can only dream about that stuff and could never sell our bonsai at that price, despite some of user's here having tree's being just as nice.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I understand cheap. I simply hope that the possibilities of change in the economy will make $20,000.00 price tags for a single tree look good to some people. Me? I remember a day before I had children that we could not afford a mortgage for that amount of money.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
To me honestly, I just don't understand his business model. Everything is for the person who has money coming out the nose. I guess one sale and your good for the year but I don't get so outrageous prices.
Well, I've read that Ferrari and numerous other ultra-lux brands are making $$$$$ hand over fist, so I gather he has a target niche.

reddog

Mame
Reaction score
I showed my fiancé a picture of the giant unglazed pot and asked her how much she thought it was worth.... she said $350...

I think that Ryan's pots/trees/equipment/tools are beautiful, but most are just out of my price range for those particular things. His buying demographic is more gear toward the bonsai professional and semi-professional, correct?
Better choice is to go directly to the makers of the pots and stands. ryan neil's markup is about twice if you go direct. His large markup on pricing is only matched by the size of his arrogance.

Top Bottom