Bonsai Mirai Live

lieuz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Definitely enjoy this subscription. Having a little buyer's remorse with going tier 1. Who else has subscribed to this? I really appreciate his introduction, how he empathized with all the beginners out there who started and had nothing to go off of. I definitely wish there will be more content as there is currently only 1 video at this tier at the moment...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Definitely enjoy this subscription. Having a little buyer's remorse with going tier 1. Who else has subscribed to this? I really appreciate his introduction, how he empathized with all the beginners out there who started and had nothing to go off of. I definitely wish there will be more content as there is currently only 1 video at this tier at the moment...
It's really good isnt it! You can change your plan I think. If you get tier 2 or 3 you can have access to all the videos.

lieuz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@mattspiniken I just did that. I paid an annual subscription to tier 1. I hope they don't charge me the full tier 2 annual price ontop of charging me the full price of tier 1. I literally subscribed to tier 1 a few days ago.

reddog

Mame
Reaction score
Tier one is basically a loss leader for mirai. You really want the content that is archived in tier 2 and 3. More costly but much better. Make sure you read mirai's terms and conditions.

Reaction score
Haven't purchased a subscription yet, but am considering it. My issue is at our garden where I would use it the most for entertainment on my down time our internet is EXPENSIVE and limited. If he had an option to save for offline viewing, even at a flat rate per archived video I would be more inclined to purchase them one by one so I can save them and take them to the garden with me. My alternative is to subscribe, then use Fraps to screen capture them to have copies I can take with me on the go without using bandwidth. Ryan, if you ever read this. Please offer some sort of download or offline solution. Even if that means $5 -$10 per video i would be more apt to pay that then a bandwidth eating subscription.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
I did the monthly tier 3. Started with tier 3. Last night was fun and inspiring. Kusamono was excellent to see with such detail and explination.

lieuz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just got through and an answer, an upgrade is only the difference, PHEW!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I did the monthly tier 3. Started with tier 3. Last night was fun and inspiring. Kusamono was excellent to see with such detail and explination.
I wasn't able to watch this one last night, looking forward to the archive of the video.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
is there a way to buy just one month instead of a years worth?

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
I pay $30 a month on the monthly plan for tier 3. This is the top end of the tiers, but gives me the flexibility to cancel if I feel the platform grows stale. I may upgrade to a full year to save. The quality has been excellent.

Reaction score

I'm with @chicago1980 on this one, i think i am just going to sign up for tier 2 on a month by month basis then cancel if it gets stale as well, worst case you can always re-subscribe in the future if it picks up again if you decide to cancel.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Shrewd business move. You can only move so many $500 wire caddy's....:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D I'm kidding!!!;)

Shrewd business move, cuz' I'm sure there is a market. At a more palatable price point.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So, what do people think? I registered for tier2 for a month and have watched about 10 of the videos. I'm very impressed. The video quality is excellent and the multiple camera angles let you see a lot of the detail work. It's kind of like being in a small workshop where you can actually see the work being done, as opposed to a standard club or symposium demo where you're usually too far away.

It will be interesting to see if they can keep producing this kind of content over the long haul.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
So, what do people think? I registered for tier2 for a month and have watched about 10 of the videos. I'm very impressed. The video quality is excellent and the multiple camera angles let you see a lot of the detail work. It's kind of like being in a small workshop where you can actually see the work being done, as opposed to a standard club or symposium demo where you're usually too far away.

It will be interesting to see if they can keep producing this kind of content over the long haul.
The production quality is solid, and the info is top notch. As a tier 3 member the Q & A and extra videos are amazing. The Q & A was the best part as he answered questions directly with a white board. Basically on line Bonsai lessons.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'll have to give a shout out to bonsainut members at the start of the stream, because I'm a tier 3 member as well.

The production quality is excellent. I can watch 1080p streaming with almost no hiccups in the feed.

What I like about the videos is how he really delves into obscure topics that you aren't going to find in a book. He spent an hour two weeks ago talking about and demonstrating proper raffia use. That is one subject that is almost impossible to cover in a static format. I have to say that the streams are really designed for an advanced audience. If you are a beginner you will definitely learn things, but it would be a little like taking a class in organic chemistry before you have studied basic biology.

Reaction score
I'll have to give a shout out to bonsainut members at the start of the stream, because I'm a tier 3 member as well.

The production quality is excellent. I can watch 1080p streaming with almost no hiccups in the feed.

What I like about the videos is how he really delves into obscure topics that you aren't going to find in a book. He spent an hour two weeks ago talking about and demonstrating proper raffia use. That is one subject that is almost impossible to cover in a static format. I have to say that the streams are really designed for an advanced audience. If you are a beginner you will definitely learn things, but it would be a little like taking a class in organic chemistry before you have studied basic biology.

What was the episode name with the raffia?

Top Bottom