Bonsai Mondays

Sekibonsai

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A good friend of mine Dale Brock started this a few years ago and I started doing it as well. You may see our posts on the Book of Faces... great way to spread the art. And you can never hear it enough "I had one of those once..."

These are not necessarily my greatest works. They are either the ones at hand or selected to spark conversation like "I didn't know you could use THOSE..." The general public don't seem to know what a refined show - ready bonsai looks like. They think they are all cool. And people have begin to ask/notice the progress as they come in each season. Inevitably it is good for me because I am staring at these for 3 or 4 days straight so they generally get re-worked as soon as I get them home. 0322160750.jpg0401161409.jpg0415191006.jpg0429190914.jpg0506190752b.jpg0513190823.jpg0709181007.jpg

A few of the pics I could find...

Sekibonsai

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A repeat visitor, since I only have so many that will fit in this space. Grown out a bit more and will get a proper trim and wire when I get it home on Thursday.

Attachments

Sekibonsai

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Been a few Mondays missed... have not been in my office. A pair of collected Cedar Elms Ulmus crassifolia. They have been living in a pot for a very long time, just rather neglected. Pot bound and rather sad looking, I repotted them this past winter in this bluish production round. They appreciated by sending my good new growth. They need a bit more ramification, however not so much as to be overwhelming- they tend to grow a bit sparse and wild in Central TX where these were originally collected off of limestone. The person that collected them said about 1" per 10 years is typical in this area. so these are older than they look!

I think I prefer the view with the stronger movement to the left.

Attachments

Sekibonsai

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Short and hectic week last week... Shaggy Willow Leaf, a bit bigger than what I've been bringing in. Biggest attraction for me is the battle-scarred trunks.

Attachments

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You keep these at your office all year long?

If you do, they look damn good for indoor trees!