Bonsai Nibbler

Mainecanoe

Seed
Reaction score
Looking to buy a Bonsai Nibbler for my dremel. Does anyone know where I can purchase these in the USA?

I've seen a few sites in the U.K., but looking for something closer.

Thanks.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Looking to buy a Bonsai Nibbler for my dremel. Does anyone know where I can purchase these in the USA?

I've seen a few sites in the U.K., but looking for something closer.

Thanks.
Good luck would be happy to find something like this here as well. I used to be able to get something similar from a woodcarving site, but they don't carry it anymore.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Not the original "Nibbler," but these look like they would efficiently chew and carve:

https://www.amazon.com/Dremel-TR750...522624801&sr=1-54&keywords=dremel+accessories
What is a dremel "trio tool"? It says it only fits them, but when I search for that name, it doesn't show me a dremel called that.
EDIT: I read down in the description, and those bits are too fat to fit in normal dremels, and the "trio tool" is discontinued.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I asked him a year or so ago, and he told me he wasn't making any more, has that changed?
No, I didn't know he stopped. Hmmm, American Bonsai better jump on the band wagon before someone else does.

butlern

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
What is a dremel "trio tool"? It says it only fits them, but when I search for that name, it doesn't show me a dremel called that.
EDIT: I read down in the description, and those bits are too fat to fit in normal dremels, and the "trio tool" is discontinued.

Yeah, missed that. Those will fit a Rotozip tool (which has larger collets that can accept thicker bits).

These shown in my hand should work with small Dremel Rotary tool...

IMG_1258.JPG

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yeah, missed that. Those will fit a Rotozip tool (which has larger collets that can accept thicker bits).

These shown in my hand should work with small Dremel Rotary tool...

View attachment 184657
Those gum up very quickly. A nibbler is far superior in removing material by comparison.

bonsai-ben

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I bought them direct from the UK to Florida. Took under 2 weeks to get here. They all broke (I bought 4, shafts suck and are attached poorly to them). So I upgraded to the Terriers and got one of each from https://www.kaizenbonsai.com/shop/bonsai-carving-tools/power-carving-bits-large-shaft and all is now good for carving again. Also recommend Saburrtooths, but buy them elsewhere from a USA vendor much faster.

Reaction score
My student sells Bonsai Nibbler in different sizes. The smallest one is for dremel.

You can call him.

Attachments

• 8319E9DF-2D05-4666-9694-52D7A437BC71.jpeg
    8319E9DF-2D05-4666-9694-52D7A437BC71.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 4EEE2D84-9BCD-4D78-8C9F-0C91283EDFF8.jpeg
    4EEE2D84-9BCD-4D78-8C9F-0C91283EDFF8.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 76

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All nibblers are top tools. They are made / designed by a guyin the UK who grows bonsai himself so knows what they should do.

Victorim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I bought them direct from the UK to Florida. Took under 2 weeks to get here. They all broke (I bought 4, shafts suck and are attached poorly to them). So I upgraded to the Terriers and got one of each from https://www.kaizenbonsai.com/shop/bonsai-carving-tools/power-carving-bits-large-shaft and all is now good for carving again. Also recommend Saburrtooths, but buy them elsewhere from a USA vendor much faster.

You sure they were nibblers? More than happy with mine and is worth the cost. Very well made.

bonsai-ben

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
You sure they were nibblers? More than happy with mine and is worth the cost. Very well made.

I loved it too. Till they all broke. Sub-par shanks is the problem. If you want the halved bits you're welcome to them. I have them in the tool box somewhere.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Get the original nibblers from England pricey but worth every penny. They'll let a dremmel do what before needed a die grinder. I have several, used them extensively and highly recommend them. Well worth the price if you do serious carving, maybe not if you only intend to dabble with carving. Harry Harrington also sells them
http://bonsainibbler.co.uk/shop/

Top Bottom