Bonsai Northwest near Seattle is closing

Coppersdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
John Muth of Bonsai Northwest near Seattle, WA is retiring. The last day the store will be open at that location is November 8, 2020. The bonsai business has been sold and we are told it will be opened at a new location. We have no further information at this time.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
That’s too bad. It was a cool shop when I visited it 20+ years ago. I bought a Chinese elm and a pot there, still have the pot and a cutting from the tree. Their web presence was always lacking, which is disappointing, but not uncommon in this hobby. Hope the new owners have good success.

Coppersdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
That’s too bad. It was a cool shop when I visited it 20+ years ago. I bought a Chinese elm and a pot there, still have the pot and a cutting from the tree. Their web presence was always lacking, which is disappointing, but not uncommon in this hobby. Hope the new owners have good success.
Brian, John said he will still be in a wholesale business of providing pre-bonsai material. He said he thought 38 years of retail was long enough. We all wish the new owners much success. We have to wait to see where they locate.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Brings back memories of seeing their ads in Bonsai Today...

I've only been up to Seattle a couple of times - I feel like I missed out :(

LCD35

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It was my go to spot in Seattle for pre-bonsai material. Wish I'd heard sooner or I'd of grabbed more JBP seedlings. Wife swung through and was kind enough to video chat me and pick up a shimpaku.

Top Bottom