Bonsai NOT character assasinations

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It’s a shame Al takes pride in having earned the right to be an ass hole. I have been going over some of his older stuff and it is a gold mine of valuable bonsai information. As he repeatedly says “he is missing the point”. If his goal is to truly improve the level of bonsai he could make a better presentation. It’s as if he is bringing us a perfectly cooked T-bone steak with a great big turd sitting on top of it. No matter how good the steak is you ain’t going to enjoy it. I guess for now I’ll just eat around the turd. :confused:

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think that is very dependent on the context, and who says it.;)
This discussion is worthy of knocking down a few Shiners!

But after 3, it becomes hard to say “swagtabulous”!

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
It’s a shame Al takes pride in having earned the right to be an ass hole. I have been going over some of his older stuff and it is a gold mine of valuable bonsai information. As he repeatedly says “he is missing the point”. If his goal is to truly improve the level of bonsai he could make a better presentation. It’s as if he is bringing us a perfectly cooked T-bone steak with a great big turd sitting on top of it. No matter how good the steak is you ain’t going to enjoy it. I guess for now I’ll just eat around the turd. :confused:
Was this really necessary? Put me on ignore....unless...you just got to take one more stab at nibbling a little closer to the turd cause you just can't put it down?

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Adair, Adair...LOL. Al often says this place is entertainment for him so this behavior will never change no matter how much logic you throw at it. I had hoped that the rebooted v2.0 of Smoke would be different. Oh well.

Anway, to add to your comments - Al, we're not here to prove anything to you or anyone else. You say you have nothing against Ryan Neil and Bonsai Mirai, but your actual written words over countless posts suggest otherwise. And I'm still waiting for you to show us where you were called a racist and a homophobe on this forum after telling a one month bonsai expert they were wrong. Come on, it shouldn't be hard to prove something like that!
“Entertainment” is one word for it. It seems like what that actually means in practice is “narcissistic supply”.

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
“Entertainment” is one word for it. It seems like what that actually means in practice is “narcissistic supply”.
The ignore button...go ahead, push it I dare you....another of the girly whiners. Post a tree, how about that for a change?

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The ignore button...go ahead, push it I dare you....another of the girly whiners. Post a tree, how about that for a change?
You've been the queen of the girly whiners lately!

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Everybody together now “Kumbaya”

screw that

People don’t come here to be challenged.

Speak for yourself... I actually like being challenged, it makes me better. Of course I'm not the kind to pay someone to create a tree that I will enter in a contest either... Talk about not being challenged...

I can tell you I am getting rather tired of the thin skinned bitching from people who have never contributed anything around here. If you don't like Al (or anyone else) put them on ignore. Put a damn sock in your pie holes and quite complaining.

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Was this really necessary? Put me on ignore....unless...you just got to take one more stab at nibbling a little closer to the turd cause you just can't put it down?

I thought I was pretty clear about why you’re not on my ignore list. But then again, you read what you want to read, not what is written.

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
I thought I was pretty clear about why you’re not on my ignore list. But then again, you read what you want to read, not what is written.
Cool then...winning already!!!!

KiwiPlantGuy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Cool then...winning already!!!!

Hi Bananaman
Thank you for your previous message while you were at work re ramification.
I know that it may be well lost in a few pages ago, but I asked a few questions due to some confusion on my behalf re lignification and your hedge method.
Thanks in advance if you could spend a few minutes answering these 3.
Charles

Edit - post # 74 by me

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can tell you I am getting rather tired of the thin skinned bitching from people who have never contributed anything around here. If you don't like Al (or anyone else) put them on ignore. Put a damn sock in your pie holes and quite complaining.
Sorry, it don't work that way around here. You'll just have to deal with it or put the "thin skinned bitchers" on ignore.

Although I do agree on one point. If enough people put Al on ignore and really stop responding to his provocations, maybe he'll get bored and just go away.

KiwiPlantGuy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Sorry, it don't work that way around here. You'll just have to deal with it or put the "thin skinned bitchers" on ignore.

Although I do agree on one point. If enough people put Al on ignore and really stop responding to his provocations, maybe he'll get bored and just go away.

Hi coh,
Really??????
Come on man ( with shrugged shoulders)
You win my award for best character Attack over many posts and not just this thread.
If you got nothing to add regarding tree design or growing techniques for us newbies might glean info from then .....
Take your sh.t and leave this thread.
Charles

Edit - after thinking about this post - Sorry to all the other helpful posters for stooping as low as poop to not just ignore a troll - just want to learn here !!!!!!

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Just some thoughts. I've been into bonsai for 4 years and I'm pretty intent on learning as much as possible. I read and research quite a bit and love to experiment with new trees and techniques. Unfortunately, some people I've come in contact with through conversation and even in our bonsai club, like the "idea" of bonsai. It's the "cool" thing to do. It's not a passion or an expression of art for them............and that's fine. There are people in our club that have been into bonsai for several years and still are not sure when they should repot or prune or wire. A stick in a pot IS bonsai to them.

My opinion only: I dislike when someone says "That's not a "real" bonsai. It may be an amateurish attempt, or an ugly tree, or have hideous wiring, but, at least give it the courtesy of calling it a bonsai. Along with a little constructive advice, that would go a long way in welcoming newbies into the fold.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi coh,
Really??????
Come on man ( with shrugged shoulders)
You win my award for best character Attack over many posts and not just this thread.
If you got nothing to add regarding tree design or growing techniques for us newbies might glean info from then .....
Take your sh.t and leave this thread.
Charles
Oh, it looks like another melting snowflake :rolleyes:

Listen Charles, I'll express my opinions whenever and wherever I like. There is one person here who can tell me to "take my shit and leave this thread", and it ain't you. If that person feels I'm stepping over the line, he can contact me and I won't say another word about it. Until then, however - you know where you can stick your suggestion.

You speak of character assassination but what you don't seem to get is that Al (or smoke or bananaman or whatever other user names he posts under) would probably leave the forum if members like myself, Adair and others stopped responding to his provocations. He's repeatedly said he comes here for entertainment (his exact words) and he has told others that he comes here to stir shit up. Yes he'll whine and protest about personal attacks (all part of the game) but if people stopped responding he'd be gone.

Learn what you can while you can, before he turns on you. Eventually he'll get tired of answering your "asked a thousand times newbie questions" or you'll post some innocuous sounding statement that sets him off. Don't say you weren't warned.

BTW, start some threads about your trees or techniques and I'll be happy to stay out of them. But a thread about "character assassination" is fair game. Use the ignore feature if that is too much for you to handle.

Top Bottom