Bonsai nut 2020 expo

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
This is what I was going to take to the Asheville Show:

View attachment 324578

of course, I would have redone the moss. And have a better accent. That’s just what I have sitting there.

Here are a couple other trees on my bench:

View attachment 324579

View attachment 324580

View attachment 324581

View attachment 324584

View attachment 324585
This is what I meant about knowing some of the winners in advance this is one and several more have commented here! Maybe in 50 years I’ll have trees like that but I’m aiming for sooner! Mainly because pines and FL just don’t mix so my progression should... hopefully be slightly faster than my 30-50 year projections lol. I’m in it for the long haul!

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
i do want to post a picture.
but, my best tree i need to thin and its unwired so its not at its best.
i have two choices i guess but i read all those posts what will be the deadline remains my question 🤣

jimib

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was fortunate enough to get in a study group with Owen Reich. Part of it was how to display bonsai in a show. I was dumbfounded by the amount effort that went into a display.
I was also lucky enough to get to watch JudyB working on her display for the shohin show last year. To see the artist in action and have things explained to me was pretty incredible.

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
i have two choices i guess but i read all those posts what will be the deadline remains my question 🤣
since this is my first contest I hastily decided to make it Sunday, but from feedback I decided to make it the end of August to give people more time to work on their trees, The real contest will be in October sometime when maple leaves begin to color.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I am not “read up” currently on this thread... but i’m sure personal video-guided garden/area ( ;) ) tours have been mentioned.. I like that idea.

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Just submit it, then we can talk about it and stuff.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Just submit it, then we can talk about it and stuff.
its 80% cleaned out now but started raining again so i will finish that up later today, but its unwired so not realy in shape as it should be for a show tbh but ill post it with some decent pics somewere this week thats why i was wondering what the deadline would be...

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
its 80% cleaned out now but started raining again so i will finish that up later today, but its unwired so not realy in shape as it should be for a show tbh but ill post it with some decent pics somewere this week thats why i was wondering what the deadline would be...
deadline has been changed to the end of the month

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
deadline has been changed to the end of the month
i finished thinning and got time this week to wire some primary's got plenty of moss to put on the pot, just need a accent plant and then take some prety pics
the tree is still far from real show quality and in development but its beyond the stick in a pot :p
i guess the novice or beginner level is were i see myself

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
i finished thinning and got time this week to wire some primary's got plenty of moss to put on the pot, just need a accent plant and then take some prety pics
the tree is still far from real show quality and in development but its beyond the stick in a pot :p
i guess the novice or beginner level is were i see myself
Yeah I just wanted everyone to have fun and contribute because all of 2020's bonsai shows have been cancelled. And I was hoping we could put all our differences aside and come together and just have a little fun. Thanks for taking your time.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yeah I just wanted everyone to have fun and contribute because all of 2020's bonsai shows have been cancelled. And I was hoping we could put all our differences aside and come together and just have a little fun. Thanks for taking your time.

Still love the idea! (Broken record)

Just.. all my worthwhile trees are already being documented in my threads..

I COULD do a video walk around of my post-apocalyptic plant area...

Or just pick my best “turd” and shine it up real nice. 🤣🤣🤣

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Still love the idea! (Broken record)

Just.. all my worthwhile trees are already being documented in my threads..

I COULD do a video walk around of my post-apocalyptic plant area...

Or just pick my best “turd” and shine it up real nice. 🤣🤣🤣
I think when you see the turd I polished up maybe you will be more likely to share yours

Top Bottom