Bonsai Nut App

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have enabled a feature that allows you (on Chrome or Android devices) to easily install a Bonsai Nut app on your device. The next time you are on your tablet or phone, in your browser navigation menu (upper right corner in Chrome) you should have an option to "install App".

Not only do you get a nice link with a Bnut icon, but the app has certain features that help it work better on mobile platforms. At the least, it is a one button link to the site :)

Last edited:

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I don't even need chrome anymore!

Awesome!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I feel like we just cranked the cool factor up on this site 10x now that we have an app.

Balbs

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
iPhone user here, not sure how to find the button to download the app. Has anyone with an iPhone using Safari installed it? If so, how?

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
I have enabled a feature that allows you (on Apple or Android devices) to easily install a Bonsai Nut app on your device. The next time you are on your tablet or phone, in your browser navigation menu (upper right corner in Chrome, not sure on Apple) you should have an option to "install App".

Not only do you get a nice link with a Bnut icon, but the app has certain features that help it work better on mobile platforms. At the least, it is a one button link to the site :)
Nice and done

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I just double-checked, and it turns out that Progressive Web Apps are not currently enabled on Macs or IOS devices :( Doesn't mean they won't be in the future, particularly if the standard is broadly adopted by the industry. Right now the implementation is fairly basic, but it works smoothly and will only improve with time.

As you can see on @Brian Van Fleet 's screen, you can still create a desktop shortcut to the web site on your home page, which while not exactly the same thing, still allows you one button access to the site.

Every year in January I spend time working on the site to see what I can improve. The rest of the year is normally maintenance, unless they release a major software or hardware update.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was shocked with the new icon though! At first I thought you had been hacked. Then I saw this page and life was in peace again :)

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I just downloaded it, nice to just click one button and I'm there at the site.

Top Bottom