Bonsai Nut Marketplace

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I know there's a lot of buying, selling, trading, gifting, going on around here. I thought it would be interesting to hear what you have bought/traded/received from other members here. My first experience was shortly after I joined. @Mellow Mullet sent me a big box chockful of awesome stuff. All he asked was for me to "pay it forward", which I have tried to do ever since. Forgive me, if I forget someone, but I'll try and remember everyone. I have bought pots from @Soldano666 , @ABCarve , @penumbra and of course @sorce , who has also sent me many free pots. I have bought stuff from @Cable , @JoeR , @HorseloverFat, @Pitoon and probably others I don't remember. I was generously gifted a pot by @AZbonsai , trees/ cuttings from a couple members that aren't here anymore. If I have forgotten anyone, I apologize. Today I received a lovely little tree from @Hartinez . He asked me if I would like a Ficus Wiandi cutting and I received a lovely little beauty in a nice pot, packed with great care. Please share your interactions/ purchases, trades, ect. This is such a great place. I forgot to mention the most generous offer of @Brian Van Fleet for one of his azaleas. If we are ever headed that way, I would be honored to visit his garden.

Attachments

• wiandi.jpg
    wiandi.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
What a great thread idea!

I've received cuttings from @Forsoothe!, @Carol 83, @Brian Van Fleet. I've received a couple of cool rocks from @Hartinez. I've received some glaze from @ForestInnPottery. I've bought a bunch of block prints from @penumbra. I've received donation prizes for the 5yr azalea contest from @Forsoothe! and @Deep Sea Diver. I bought stuff from @William N. Valavanis. I got some JM from @Sean Walker.

There's probably more but can't remember at the moment.

I really like this place, some really cool people here.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I bought a pyracantha from @Housguy and he was super nice and the tree was great. I also bought a beautiful twisted trunk pyracantha from @JudyB and that was excellence also. Those are my only 2 encounters so far. I wish people would sell more stuff on here but I understand because shipping is a hassle.

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Pots:
@sorce (with many freebies)
@Pitoon
@penumbra
@ABCarve

Plants:
@Pitoon (Nippon Daisies and a freebie azalea starter)
@cmeg1 (JBP clump starters)
@Carol 83 (gifted cork bark p. afra cuttings - paying it forward indeed!)

Books:
@JudyB (Bonsai From The Wild - much lower than market rate - thank you!)

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've gotten so many wonderful things, from so many wonderful people, if I started a thread asking all them to remember (since I can't), I would guess there would be 20 replies and it would end up being like 60!

Plants, Pots, Books, Pottery Supplies, Web Design.....

It's in that spirit of "pay it forward" that keeps ensuring them Knicks and them Knacks!😉

Sorce

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A nice display table from @Hartinez ....

D87511ED-981B-4AFB-BE54-DD91C21DC9BA.jpeg

...and sure, a @sorce pot....

DSC00908.JPG

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A lovely thread by a lovely person. I have many people here that I am grateful for who have bought things from me and from whom I have bought things. But as my mind is not fully functional right now I will post again here after I do my homework.
But my sincere thanks to all of you.

Last edited:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You're asking a lot from one who had to break up with a guy...who I couldn't recall his name. *True story.

Some were gifted...some were bought... all I know, is that I am blessed by the ones in my bonsai circle. Those that came from friends...are worth more to me than some of my more expensive items that came elsewhere. Because end of the day...I'm a sappy sort and sentimental value holds a lot of weight. I know a few were gifted by private people...who will remain unspoken. So no names from me...sorry.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
@Carol 83 just sent me some cork bark jade, bougainvillea, dwarf pomegranate and barbados cherry cuttings
@Mike Hennigan sent some crabapple cuttings
@micahmcgrath donated several trees to my collection, some didn't make it Micah, but most did
@sorce picked up some pots, should have a tree in one soon

Thank you all!

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Are there any European members who sell stuff on here?

I would love to buy some pots from Sorce or Pitoon but when the package arrives here I need to pay 21% VAT on the value of the goods and based on that the goods will probably be a little bit expensive.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Sometimes I forget to say “I love you guys.”

Well, I love you guys.

🤣

I have an armful of @sorce pots/pieces... most gifted, a few purchased.

@Carol 83 , I was on the receiving end of one of her “pay it forward” extensions! She sent me a large box of Pots, mesh and bonsai paraphernalia.

Carol ALSO sent some @JoeR AND @Pitoon plants my way... because she’s THAT..... DAMN... GOOD.

🤓

I love all the art that I’ve seen shared here.. and aim to OWN more of it.

🤓

Top Bottom