Bonsai On The Bayou ABS 2019 Houston, Texas - Day 1 Vendor Setup

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I'm in Houston, Texas this weekend for the ABS 2019 Convention "Bonsai On The Bayou". I'll be uploading videos, bandwidth permitting, as the convention progresses.

I like to get to bonsai events early and watch as the vendors unload and set up their wares. Here is my tour of the vendor floor.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bill, thanks so much for posting this. It shows what is available at bonsai shows, especially big shows. If you've never been to a larger, ABS-backed event, or a regional or national show, this is typical of what a vendor area looks like--although, being in Nola, the Bald cypress here are spectacular and uncommon elsewhere. Vendor areas at shows like this have all kinds of stuff you won't see online. You also get to actually meet people that make and sell that stuff. The in-person aspect is an intangible that goes a very long way in getting things or selling things that aren't available online...

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Make that Houston, not Nola. Same deal with BC, though.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And rumor has it, that the "best" stuff in the vendor area is always sold BEFORE the show opens--among the vendors...Doesn't mean that there isn't terrific stuff left, though. Best way to get the best stuff is to become a vendor but then you're on the road to financial ruin...;-)

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I'm in Houston, Texas this weekend for the ABS 2019 Convention "Bonsai On The Bayou". I'll be uploading videos, bandwidth permitting, as the convention progresses.

I like to get to bonsai events early and watch as the vendors unload and set up their wares. Here is my tour of the vendor floor.

Best of luck to all BNutters involved in this convention. I so wish I could go. Some how I managed to muck up my schedule badly when it comes to bonsai conventions.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Thanks Bill for posting this. Very nice preview to the event.
So which Nuts will be there?
I plan to go in the afternoon but the boss set up a meeting in the afternoon. If I can't make it today, I will be there tomorrow afternoon.

Top Bottom