Bonsai Pottery Tips

Boondock

Shohin
Reaction score
ketoi I think the glaze on the first pot is very stylish. And I am not a glaze person, I really am interested in oxide washes. And the John Post website is outstanding with lots of great info.

Boondock

Shohin
Reaction score
I found this tool at Walmart in the craft section of all places. I have no idea what they are made for, but it's an awesome tool. Its great for smoothing flat areas, like the bottom of pots. The heel is very solid, and the tip is very flexible. Cost = $4

spatula.jpg

Last edited:

Boondock

Shohin
Reaction score
If you're making slabs, the one tool you must have is a spring steel scraper. Don't try to make do with a credit card, or something you find in a hardware store. Buy a scraper! This scraper costs $2.79 at my pottery supply store, and I pick one up every time I stop in. Scraping preps the slab, compresses the clay, and pushes the grog into the slab. Become a "Master-Scraper" and your finished work will be so much better.

scrapper.jpg

Last edited:

bonsaibiker

Seedling
Reaction score
Rivet spacing

Here is a dividing head I made to accurately lay out rivet spacing on pots. I made two of different sizes for large and small pots. Excuse the pics with the unfired pots, it is just to show how the device is used.

2009-03-19 001.jpg
2009-03-19 002.jpg
2009-03-19 003.jpg

Boondock

Shohin
Reaction score
Here is a dividing head I made to accurately lay out rivet spacing on pots. I made two of different sizes for large and small pots. Excuse the pics with the unfired pots, it is just to show how the device is used.

:eek:holy crap THAT IS FRICKIN AWESOME!!!!

Top Bottom