Bonsai send-to-bucket list

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In line with Adairs thread on your bonsai bucket list..

Which trees do you have, that you canoot throw away, but would rather see move on to a new owner? (Hey, you might even find people looking for one!).

- 45+ years old boxwoods that are just taking water and fertiliser
- 3-inch trunked Potentilla. (I cannot put it onto the next level, but it deserves to be there)
- 4-inch trunk Ficus retusa (Do not really have the place to keep it in winter)
- 4: 3-5 inch trunk yews (dug earlier this year; not established yet); Just too many trees of the same species
- Slender 'windswept' Cotinus. Not interesting enough for me
- Bunch of seedlings and cuttings (figs, Laburnum, juniperus)

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
That is my problem so far... I get trees and rarely can make myself "move them on to a new owner"! I must be a Bonsai Hoarder! Trying to break that habit soon. Started with some trades, maybe I will sell a few this Spring. Time to start culling the heard a bit and making room for better trees I am targeting!

So, I do have about a dozen JM cuttings... Only going to keep a handful of the ones I did this year. The rest would just be too much work to keep up with.

I probably have a few Azaleas to part with- Beni Kashima, maybe a Chinzan or two...

This is hard... Thinking about getting rid of trees when my focus has always been ACCUMULATING them!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice. I was just tho king of this moments ago.

Id like to see some of my ficus projects progress in Floridian hands.

Sorce

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I have an outstanding shohin Chinzan Satsuki that I'd like to part with for the right price (not cheap). Imported from Japan. Please PM if interested.

Apologies for the "craigslist" tone of my post! :rolleyes:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have a lilac...that, I'm just not sure I want to rework its roots. It was purchased when I thought "eBay" trees were bonsai trees. (FACE-PALM)

A freebie hemlock...that I don't consider bonsai at this point...continuing to make it healthy...but, still undecided if I will do anything with it...or eventually sink it in the ground at my dad's place. (Thinking it might be best to just sink it in ground...and later removing if it so floats my boat.) THOUGH...If I want practice in bending thicker trunks...this would be my ideal piece. Since...it didn't set me back any $$$. So nothing to really lose. Thus...I'm still hanging onto it.

I have two small American wisteria in training...I see keeping maybe one for myself...and giving the other away at a later date when they at least look more interesting.

For the most part...I have really tried to reel myself in...to the thought process...just because it can be bonsai'd...doesn't means it should be done by me. Looking for more character trunks and such that I can work with to make even greater...but, trying to stay away from things that are mediocre. (at least in my wet behind the ears look at trees to this point) From this point on...I am being highly selective.

At this time...I actually "consider" in my collection a total of...11 bonsai trees in my possession. I am not counting the trees I am considering parting with as mine. In my minds eye I see them gone already I think.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I have an outstanding shohin Chinzan Satsuki that I'd like to part with for the right price (not cheap). Imported from Japan. Please PM if interested.

Apologies for the "craigslist" tone of my post! :rolleyes:
Well I doubt I could afford it, but I'd sure love to see a pic!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In line with Adairs thread on your bonsai bucket list..

Which trees do you have, that you canoot throw away, but would rather see move on to a new owner? (Hey, you might even find people looking for one!).

- 45+ years old boxwoods that are just taking water and fertiliser
- 3-inch trunked Potentilla. (I cannot put it onto the next level, but it deserves to be there)
- 4-inch trunk Ficus retusa (Do not really have the place to keep it in winter)
- 4: 3-5 inch trunk yews (dug earlier this year; not established yet); Just too many trees of the same species
- Slender 'windswept' Cotinus. Not interesting enough for me
- Bunch of seedlings and cuttings (figs, Laburnum, juniperus)
BLast from the past.. But.. Happy to say..

Boxwoods: Given away
Potentilla: Sold
Ficus: SOld
Yews: Started developing them. Gotten addicted to the species
Costinus: Sold
seedlings.. Moved on or in growing beds.

Happy to find this thread again.

Top Bottom