Bonsai Talk Site Down?

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Any body had trouble getting onto Bonsai Talks web site. I get this odd "my account has been suspended" message; I don't have an account. Perhaps I have been banned, OMG. Anyone else have a problem?

http://locke.asmallorange.com/suspended.page/ This is the message I am getting as of about 1:00PM EST. Nov. 14 2008

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Any body had trouble getting onto Bonsai Talks web site. I get this odd "my account has been suspended" message; I don't have an account. Perhaps I have been banned, OMG. Anyone else have a problem?

http://locke.asmallorange.com/suspended.page/ This is the message I am getting as of about 1:00PM EST. Nov. 14 2008
I heard they were cleaning house and getting rid of all the RIFF RAFF. You know who you are!!!
Guess today was your last day. :D

Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's quite obvious that the account suspended is the bonsaiTALK account on the servers. This does not bode well, as Matt has obviously been spending less time there of late.

Adam

Yamadori
Reaction score
I just had the same problem. Now I'm annoyed.... I wonder how long bonsaiTALK will be down and out?

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Took out chat as well which is a rare thing.

Mojosan

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well, it appears that this was not the typical "ran out of bandwidth" problem. The account was suspended. That means something a little more serious has occurred.

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Please point me to a forum with the content and volume of Bonsaitalk or IBC that is currently up and running...I'd love to visit.

This one would be... if people would stop coming here just to converse when BT is down , this includes myself as I am just as much if not more guilty than most.

BonsaiNut is actually a cleaner more polished forum than BT. But because of the amount of newb traffic BT gets it attracts more conversation at a lower lower level regarding bonsai and technique (at least twice a day you can find someone to tell to put their stick in a pot in the ground and grow it out... or someone to tell to use a proper bonsai soil).

sometimes it more about quality than quantity.... tho a large volume of quality would be very nice indeed.

btw which forums on BT do you actually pay attention to? (let me guess -- general and show&tell)

Edit: I would also like to add that one of the main draws to BT is not for what it _has_.... but what it DOES NOT have that all other bonsai forums do. Some of you can guess what that is... and someone of you will be clueless. (i'm sorry for the clueless ones)

Last edited:

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
This one would be... if people would stop coming here just to converse when BT is down , this includes myself as I am just as much if not more guilty than most.

BonsaiNut is actually a cleaner more polished forum than BT. But because of the amount of newb traffic BT gets it attracts more conversation at a lower lower level regarding bonsai and technique (at least twice a day you can find someone to tell to put their stick in a pot in the ground and grow it out... or someone to tell to use a proper bonsai soil).

sometimes it more about quality than quantity.... tho a large volume of quality would be very nice indeed.

btw which forums on BT do you actually pay attention to? (let me guess -- general and show&tell)

I make it a point to visit BT, Bnut, IBC, at least once if not several times daily and review all the new posts...been doing it for years. AOB/KOB are visited less...not much happens there on a daily basis. In the end, only IBC and BT have consistently offered material that interested me enough to make the daily visit. Sure with more volume comes more novice questions, but so what. Usually, there are 25-30 new posts on BT each morning...maybe 15 more in the afternoon. I sift through them and read the 4-5 that interest me. Sometimes I might even answer some of questions posted by the newer members. Bnut still gets my time, but there has been little of interest for me here in quite some time...maybe a year or longer. That may change depending on what happens with BT. I hope so...

Just read your edited post...I can't say I've spent more time at BT then others because of what you mention, but I will say that there is much less contentiousness and arguing there then here

Last edited:

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I make it a point to visit BT, Bnut, IBC, at least once if not several times daily and review all the new posts...been doing it for years. AOB/KOB are visited less...not much happens there on a daily basis. In the end, only IBC and BT have consistently offered material that interested me enough to make the daily visit. Sure with more volume comes more novice questions, but so what. Usually, there are 25-30 new posts on BT each morning...maybe 15 more in the afternoon. I sift through them and read the 4-5 that interest me. Sometimes I might even answer some of questions posted by the newer members. Bnut still gets my time, but there has been little of interest for me here in quite some time...maybe a year or longer. That may change depending on what happens with BT. I hope so...

excellent... and I understand the plight all too well.

might I offer a suggestion? What is it that interests you?

As a matter of fact I would like more than just Dav4 here to answer this question......

As a bonsai community what is it that interests you. If I were to write at least one thread a day that would get you all saucy and fired up... what would the topics be? (feel free to PM me if you prefer)

now that you have answered that question.... what is stopping you from starting a thread about it? what is stopping you from discussing it? I'm guessing that 90% of people feel they have nothing to offer.... that they should leave the questioning and thought provoking conversation to the professionals.... bullpuky...

Write about what you know... write about what interests you.... write about what you want to know....write about what you care about.... write something!

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
Is there a test I can take to find out if I am a Bonsai moron?

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is there a test I can take to find out if I am a Bonsai moron?

If you spend any amount of time here you will find out soon enough. No test...you will be told so!

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
LOL's, that's too funny Smoke. I think I am going to like it here!
Small orange service does indeed have small ones. Just read a review about this host.
Inexcusably poor service......
poor backup service......
there are far cheaper and better performing hosting companies...
beat around the bush when questioned....

Last edited:
Top Bottom